Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I seemed to have wacked a rock real good. Put a dent in the lower tube and bent the arm. I noticed the front end was sloppy today while out in the high desert trails. i do remember a hit, but didnt think it could possibly been this bad, considering all the clearance the Wolverine has.

Anyways. This is what it should look like
IMG_3020.JPG

And this is what I did...
IMG_3019.JPG

The only thing i can think of is taking the arm off... bending it back in a vice, or press... then welding a half-tube with an i.d. of 1-1/8" over the dent.

Does this sound safe and reasonable? Do i need to reinforce the dent afterwards?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I have several dents in mine. Smack it back down with a mallet and run it! That's all I do until someone comes out with stronger A-arms. Even though now that I realized they are only $45 I may have to buy a spare lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah less headaches of trying to make it work just order a new one I hit a tree a month ago I had to change the one side out I think the cheapest part was the lower a- arm I spent 48.50 I think at the local dealer here

·
Registered
28 Posts
You are actually not the first person to have had this happen. The a-arm is weak from the factory because they put a bend in it. I wouldn't go to the trouble of fixing it, just buy a new one for $45.

2016 Yamaha WOLVRINE R-SPEC EPS (YXE70WPAGW) Front Suspension Wheel | Pro Caliber
Thanks!

Michael's Power Sports in Reno wants 70 bucks for the part! I can see paying premium IF he STOCKED it but it was being ordered from Georgia, he expects making $25+ just for placing an order. I see there is excellent help on this forum... much appreciated.
I heated it, put it in a press and bent it back... came out fine... will run it till it gets whacked again. With so many rocks to deal with only a matter of time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Would A Arm guards help you at all?
There is this one trail that i have been taking for years where you need to straddle this big rock because of trees on both sides. If I line it up perfectly (when I'm not drinking) it is only a light tap on the center skid plate with 2 people in my Rhino. But! if I am drinking (more times than not) the A-Arm hits it and i bounce over it. I'm sure that if these guards weren't there I would have kinked my A-Arm in half by now. And that is why my Wolverine has full skid plates. I bought it new and I want to protect it as long as possible.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Super atv makes high clearance a arms. They are bigger tube 1.25"compared to stock size... I have put the rear arms in mine, just for clearance.. The new super atv arms for the rear are the same diameter tube as factory. didn't measure but looks the same, don't know about wall thickness between the two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts