Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my cooler and other stuff will slide around on the plastic bed of my Wolverine, wondering if anyone has made a bed mat? I can't find anything in town to cut one myself and dont know where to look. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
There's 6 tie down hooks welded to the frame in there. I just have a lot of bungie cords. Enough to make a web in there. One thing I do keep is a ratchet strap in there too. I can use it as a tow strap if needed while out on the trail. But that really helps keep things planted when I'm catching air. :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
You can get roll on bed liner from the auto parts store or Wal-Mart, of course it's going to be more than you need. However, I expect if anyone ever decides to make a liner it would cost the same price as a can of roll on bed liner. You just have to wipe the bed down with alcohol or acetone. Stuff it with some 400 grit or even a scotch brite stuff pad.. You could probably have it clean, prepped and rolled in under an hour.. Also you can lay it on as thick as you want..

Look at the brand's some give the rubber type feel while others get rock hard..

Side note: If you want you can add sand to give you more slip resistance.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just throw a cooler/tackle box/ ect in the back and make quick trips here and there i hate having to tie it down everytime, if I had a rubber bed mat like the rhino/viking had it would make all the difference.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I noticed my cooler and other stuff will slide around on the plastic bed of my Wolverine, wondering if anyone has made a bed mat? I can't find anything in town to cut one myself and dont know where to look. Any ideas?
At tractor supply they have thick, like half inch thick rubber mats, rolls of it. Seems like that would work good of course you'd have to cut it or make holes for the existing tie down points in the bed. Don't know if yall have tractor supplies up there. I think the original use for these mats is to line horse trailers so they'll have something soft to stand on. The stuff is durable as heck and not expensive. They'll cut however much you want.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I have found new truck bed mats at parts swap meets for as little as $5.
I also found a bed mat from a rhino in the woods once, I use it as a floor mat in front of my tool box, might have to see if I can cut it to fit in the Wolvy!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
For those of you that have made a bed mat did it pretty well stop all of the heat from making the bottom of the things you have in the bed hot?

Tractor Supply had some scrap pieces left over from the end of the roll of the 3/8" thick liner material and I made the mistake of telling them I'd give them $3.50 for the piece and they said they'd take it. So then I had to buy it for that price. It is enough to make 2 bed liners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts