Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen but can not seem to find the thread about putting a heat shield under or in the bed. Can anyone offer ideas on what to use & where you mounted it? I have the new box and might as well insulate before installing it if it is needed.

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
388 Posts
It comes from the factory with a heat shield directly under the bed. Between the bed and the exhaust. Are you talking about putting it somewheres else?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought I read that even with that the stuff if bed got very warm. I had an 900 RZR that would cook anything in the box. I added one under the storage box above the bed and it helped a lot. Maybe I am wrong about it getting hot?? Just looking ahead before an issue.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The bed does get warm. But it's not so warm that its bothersome to me. Id rather the bed be a little warm than say the bottom of my seat. That's just my two cents. I keep an ice chest in the bed of mine and ice lasts a whole day easy on a hot hot day. It is a good ice chest though. Stuff in the bed will be warm, but it's not that bad. I added an aluminum heat shield above my rear diffs probably could've done without it, but at the time I felt like it needed to be done. It reduced the temp on the rear diff a few degrees. It gets hot under there but compared to some of the other sided by sides the heat from the wolverine isn't an issue at all. It doesn't melt seats like the older ranger 900's do. And I've heard others say that some of the other bikes are bad about heat like worse than the wolverine.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I have seen but can not seem to find the thread about putting a heat shield under or in the bed. Can anyone offer ideas on what to use & where you mounted it? I have the new box and might as well insulate before installing it if it is needed.

Thanks
Doug

I'm not sure, this might be the thread you were thinking of?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Where I'm from, I bet it will be great for storing extra clothes, gloves, etc in the fall and winter. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts