Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have the similar one from Yamaha for my Viking and I struggle with the price also until I found a dealer in texas that was selling them for $100 off.
And now that I have one they are worth the price.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
461 Posts
I use PLANO boxes in the machines and they have been working great. Drilled holes to mount them, use fender washers or a sheet of something to support the base. I think they were like 55$ each. The mid size ones fit in the X2 and Rmax and YXZ (YXZ has different bolt holes though.

Reactions: Old man

·
Registered
2022 Rmax 2 Sport
255 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts

·
Registered
22 Wolverine RMAX
2 Posts
I don't but have about talked myself into one. Mainly because as mentioned there is no wasted space. Also thin enough to allow a cooler etc. Other boxes leave gaps.

Partzilla when they have it was listing it 100 less than the Yamaha list. Dealers may sell for less as well.

dw

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank y’all for the input. I broke down and ordered one and found it thought AOMC for $374 which ended up $406 with tax and shipping. I debated for while but hopefully it’s a one time purchase.
I just like the fact it’s no wasted space and easy in and out .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the older version on my 2016 R max. Really like it. Water, weather tight. Great amount room for many items: tools, extra clothes, survival gear, winch gear. Items you want to have easy access to in a bomb proof, easy to access container.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's the box I have, although they are proud of them they're a very well made box with everything staying dry and dust free inside.
Would you be able to give me a measurement please ? Not sure which way you have yours mounted but can you tell me please the length of floor space left in cargo bed once box is in ? Appreciate it Cheers

Plant Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Automotive exterior

Also anyone know a price on these and availability ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well got a rough price from Big Pine Sports $900 but they don't ship international ...................... bugger I guess once again if I want something like this will have to make it? Or anyone know a company that would pick up and pack n ship to Australia ? :unsure: :sneaky:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for reply, have decided against it as for the money it's not real well thought out when you have a good look at it. Shelf needs to be higher as reason for adding a cargo shelf is basically to increase your floor area . If your running a cargo box you are going to struggle to gain access to anything placed under shelf as the gap is just to restrictive in my opinion? It basically defeats the purpose of having it :unsure:

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Steering wheel Automotive design

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the oem Yamaha cargo box. It fits perfect and maximizes cargo space. The beds have a weird contour to them inside and it makes it difficult to use any old box. It also comes with large knurled handled bolts for easy install and removal. Its lockable with a padlock and as stated keeps everything dry. I have room for my Yeti cooler and Cargo box in my bed with a little room to spare. I too struggled with the price but kept watching ebay and found a killer deal. Definitely worth it in my opinion.

My next choice would be a pack out system but the cost would be more or similar and still not my first choice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts