Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you folks read the owners manual and see that Yamaha recommended a specific type of battery charger otherwise you damage the battery? Any thoughts on this issue? Any chargers that you would & wouldn't recommend?

Thanks.

DrJ

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
I have a couple models of Battery Tender brand and a CTEK charger, both have worked fine on all of my ATV and snowmobile batteries.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Battery Tenders and Optimate Chargers that have also worked well on my motorcycles & other ATV's but Yamaha recommends a "constant charger" for the 2016 Wolverines. I'm not sure exactly what that is & how that is different than other chargers--Don't want to screw up my battery, if indeed, it requires truly a different type of charger...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Amazon has some steals on chargers right now.
Amazon.com: Schumacher SEM-1562A-CA 1.5 Amp Speed Charge Battery Maintainer: Automotive
I have this unit. I put on a set of cable connectors on my riding mower, motorcycle, and UTV. Just plug it and don't worry about it. It's interesting that Yamaha will only warrantee batteries for 3 months. Our bikes put a small drain on the battery due to the electronics. If the battery sits discharged for about a month it will never hold a charge again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazon has some steals on chargers right now.
Amazon.com: Schumacher SEM-1562A-CA 1.5 Amp Speed Charge Battery Maintainer: Automotive
I have this unit. I put on a set of cable connectors on my riding mower, motorcycle, and UTV. Just plug it and don't worry about it. It's interesting that Yamaha will only warrantee batteries for 3 months. Our bikes put a small drain on the battery due to the electronics. If the battery sits discharged for about a month it will never hold a charge again.
I contacted Optimate. Apparently, my Optimate chargers work with with these batteries....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had a .75 amp Battery tender on mine since May when I bought it and have had no issues. Got into the habit of plugging it in every time I come back from using it do to the clock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts