Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That's interesting...
I went there yesterday and they have 2 R2 armour greys, both have XTR seats. Grey R4 on the floor has the old seats.

They're supposed to get a white one this week and I'll drop over to see that.

I'll ask about the seats.
I could probably swap them over when they're not looking.

I think you looked at a factory boo boo. The Base model I looked at had seats that looked like my 708!

·
Registered
25 Posts
4AACC76A-83D0-489B-886E-4D7E2085536D.jpeg

picked this up last week
9DED0D1C-7BFC-45D1-9582-DF78A993E807.jpeg

and picked this up tonight
vrx 45 s for 470 Canadian before the Trudeau rape
this winch comes in 3 different variations for switches
i chose the kit with the dash rocker switch and a hand held remote
all the bolts and wiring were also with it
bolts right in place

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dammit. Princess auto is out of stock of the Axon now. I won’t be getting one. Oh well will have to wait for another sale somewhere....

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice 1st post... well done.

You're gonna need a bigger shed.

View attachment 89898
picked this up last week
View attachment 89899
and picked this up tonight
vrx 45 s for 470 Canadian before the Trudeau rape
this winch comes in 3 different variations for switches
i chose the kit with the dash rocker switch and a hand held remote
all the bolts and wiring were also with it
bolts right in place

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice 1st post... well done.

You're gonna need a bigger shed.
lol
took a minute to understand what you meant by a bigger shed till I saw it in the photo
lol
its been a while since I’ve had a side x side
my last was a 2006 rhino untill I wore it out and moved on to dual sports for a few years
with a body that’s not getting any younger ,bones that are getting weeker and physical girth increasing my wife figured one of these new fancy “rhinos“ was the way to go

great info here so far and love seeing the new topics

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to add my experience installing a VRX4500 in my Rmax2 base model.

I bought my winch from Amazon:

( I bought the 4500 Synthetic)

I also purchased a wired hand remote and a wiring kit but it's not needed! The above Amazon winch link comes with a wired hand remote and the hand remote connector that mounts in the glove box (there is a location molded into the glove box). The above amazon winch link also comes with a dash switch.
This thread also has a recommendation for different screws to mount the fairlead and is spot on. The issue is the Rmaxx bumper is threaded to accept bolts for the fairlead and these threads don't match the warn bolts. So you need different pitch bolts:

I ordered a crimp tool and lugs to shorten the winch power leads. Warn power lead to the Winch are much longer than needed (like 4' too long). I won't recommend my crimper as it did a basic okay job and I would prefer better. You can just coil the extra wire under the hood and not shorten...

I also went with the above suggestion to get a Yamaha Accessory plug to tap into the wiring harness to get switched 12v power. Worked slick. I got mine from ebay with the wires attached (instead of crimps and diy)

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Made my install go quick and painless.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts