Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a direct bolt on?

So the XTR comes with it. The base model does not.

Yamaha shows 2 Warn winches on the site. A VRX and Axon. Both have the same mounting points. The site says it needs mounting brackets. But that could be a generic statement depending on the vehicle.
Looking at a base model it looks just like the XTR where the winch would mount. No extra mounting plates or brackets.
Can anyone confirm this will fit without other parts.?
Thanks

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4
30 Posts
Hi Guys! I have the base RMAX 4. I just installed the Warn Yamaha VRX 4500 winch. It bolted right in and did not need a mounting bracket. However, it did not come with a wiring kit or bolts. So I went to Amazon and ordered all of the needed cables and in cab rocker switch. I orders the pins and seals to convert the stock accessory plug ends from Corsa. I also added the Warn wireless Bluetooth controller for $89. Happy with how it came out hope that helps.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4
30 Posts
Also the roller fairlead call for Bolts that are an obscure M10 X 15 X 1.25 Allen head. I could not find them so I squeezed in a standard bolt. well obscure for the 4 Hardware stores I went to.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4 XTR / SuperATV Flip Windshield / Nilight 22" LED Light Bar / Chupacabra Side Mirrors
84 Posts
Hi Guys! I have the base RMAX 4. I just installed the Warn Yamaha VRX 4500 winch. It bolted right in and did not need a mounting bracket. However, it did not come with a wiring kit or bolts. So I went to Amazon and ordered all of the needed cables and in cab rocker switch. I orders the pins and seals to convert the stock accessory plug ends from Corsa. I also added the Warn wireless Bluetooth controller for $89. Happy with how it came out hope that helps.
Thanks for the info on your install. Do you happen to have the part number or link for the bluetooth remote?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Also the roller fairlead call for Bolts that are an obscure M10 X 15 X 1.25 Allen head. I could not find them so I squeezed in a standard bolt. well obscure for the 4 Hardware stores I went to.
Our hardware stores hardley ever have anything metric but our local NAPA has a great supply. Just and FYI for anyone looking to keep it all metric.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4
30 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Would you be able to measure height at tallest point without roof?
Thanks.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So a follow up question as I've never heard the word Corsa, and what you're accomplishing here.

I orders the pins and seals to convert the stock accessory plug ends from Corsa.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,391 Posts
So a follow up question as I've never heard the word Corsa, and what you're accomplishing here.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you sir. I typically add a Blue Sea fuse block to add accessories, but if there's several of these empty plugs under the hood, that would be a cleaner install.

Steve, looks to be 5 connectors in the kit though.

Thanks MassiveOverKill that’s the stuff for under $12 it is a must have. No need to spend the $50 to get them from Yamaha.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
So I recieved my Warn Axon 45 today. For those in Canada I got it at Princess Auto (online sale and free shipping). Came with a bunch of wiring, lugs, rocker switch, wired remote, mounting hardware.

Yamaha Canada wants 1k for the winch alone and 400 for the wiring kit, including the dash switch and remote. I paid 480 +tx for the works. It even has a Yamaha Wolverine picture on the box..

Hopefully I'll have an Armour Gray Rmax in the garage in a couple months and get it mounted up. Install says to go directly to the battery. I assume this is so one can run the winch without the vehicle turned on.

I'll research a little, and may look into swapping the cable out for rope.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thinking of getting the Axon as well because the contactor is built in. No need for separate location. That’s a great deal. For switching to rope is easy. Just do it when new. I’ve even run mine with the roller fairleads. Amazon sells the Axon with synthetic line for $750 cdn.

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well I went and ordered one too. At that price I couldn’t resist!!! Maggot stop giving me ideas cause we are on the same page dammit....

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had zero knowledge of winches until I started this thread a week ago. Soon as I saw the Axon at Princess and with it's built in contactor and included harness, just took a few googling minutes to realize it was a pretty good deal. Installation will be super simple.

It's a direct bolt on the the RMax base model, as is the roller guide plate. The 2500 price difference between the 2 Canadian models, looks like I'll be able to match that for less than 800 bucks.

Thinking of getting the Axon as well because the contactor is built in. No need for separate location. That’s a great deal. For switching to rope is easy. Just do it when new. I’ve even run mine with the roller fairleads. Amazon sells the Axon with synthetic line for $750 cdn.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yep! Hope the Dirt Commanders are just as good as the Carnivores. I also priced out better seats and should be able to get a good pair and still be under the $2500 difference....

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not so concerned about the tires as they are consumables, but lots of folks love the dirt commanders though. And I'd rather the black over gold rims.

The R2 base has the XTR/SE seat backs. Take a look at the post I made a few days ago in the release thread. I'll try and get the guys at the dealer to swap out the bottoms. They are the same size just different material.
I'd like if the seat bottoms were longer towards the knees when sitting in it.

Yep! Hope the Dirt Commanders are just as good as the Carnivores. I also priced out better seats and should be able to get a good pair and still be under the $2500 difference....

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think you looked at a factory boo boo. The Base model I looked at had seats that looked like my 708!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts