Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little coal river and Ivy Branch are closed !!!! Property owner came in and told them to stay off property. Talked to Trails Heaven office today and was told they don't know if will ever reopen. Ivy Branch no matter but Little Coal River was great especially for new riders.. Some poor soul just built six new cabins at the entrance to Ivy Branch. :confused:

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I read about this a few weeks ago. The HMT Facebook page said that all of those properties are leased and the owner of at least 2 big tracts of land had passed away. The heirs were exploring other options, including potentiality selling the property. HMT will pursue a new agreement with the new owners in the future

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's hope that happens. I know they are removing trail markers and signage. From both locations.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Little Coal is the only trail I have not ridden down there. I heard it was great.

Sucks about the guy that built the cabins. Sounds like he didn't do his research.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little coal was a nice place. As I understand it the guy with the cabins has a 15 year lease ,but the trail closure took place after the original property owner died and the property was sold, don't know how they got out of lease with WV. But cabins without an attraction would suck.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Man that sucks! Glad that isn't happening by us. They keep opening more roads by us in order to make it easier for people to access our trail system.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
So they just added some more Outlaw trails?
Little coal was a nice place. As I understand it the guy with the cabins has a 15 year lease ,but the trail closure took place after the original property owner died and the property was sold, don't know how they got out of lease with WV. But cabins without an attraction would suck.
My wife told me about the closure a while ago, very sad. There are a great number of individuals who come down to ride outlaw trails but still stay in cabins, hopefully the guy can still stay in business. I feel like with the trails being established already, signs or not, people are going to ride them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts