Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Rmax 4 LE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to connect a backup camera to Adventure Pro? I know this has been a subject with a number of members who have even frustrated with failed attempts. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a solution yet. I really do not want to install another dash monitor, and I believe the rear view mirror monitors that clip on or strap on would jiggle and come loose.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
420 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to connect a backup camera to Adventure Pro? I know this has been a subject with a number of members who have even frustrated with failed attempts. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a solution yet. I really do not want to install another dash monitor, and I believe the rear view mirror monitors that clip on or strap on would jiggle and come loose.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
It is possible to link them up , BUT The adventure Pro CANNOT process the footage in real time. You end up with a massive delay , which makes it totally useless. So unfortunately the answer is No.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed a backup camera on my RMAX. It is a wireless camera type. The camera is HD, made out of metal. I got power from the left tail light. Conveniently, there are bolts coming through the frame under the bottom of the tailgate, one right in the middle which I attached the camera to. Another one was used for the ground wire. I think the bolts are 10mm. I affixed magnets to the monitor bracket and mounted a metal plate to the roll bar with 3M double sided tape and zip ties. The tape is mostly for anti-rattle. The bracket and monitor snap on tight with the magents. The monitor is mounted to the bracket in such a way that I can flip it up when not in use for more forward visibility. It is wired to a spare accessory circuit under the hood. When it is time to trailer the rig, I pull the monitor off the plate and put it in my truck, powering it with a Cig Adapter that came with it. The camera and monitor both have quick disconnects. When I need to back up the trailer, especially at night, I just turn the RMAX on and I get good visibility of where the trailer is. It cost something like $129.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Gear shift Speedometer Steering part Vehicle Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Cockpit

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine X2 SE
43 Posts
Does the camera stay clean , on wet, muddy or dusty trails?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Here is what I installed.

Works perfect , is small and out of way , can be removed easily. Powers right off my USB plug on my Midland MXT115 radio , which Powers up with key on.
View attachment 99821 View attachment 99822 View attachment 99823 View attachment 99824 View attachment 99825 View attachment 99826
Nice slot machine-you in the business or just like to have a hobby to kill time?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
420 Posts
Nice slot machine-you in the business or just like to have a hobby to kill time?
I traded it for a table saw years ago. It's a working quarter machine. I learned it pretty well and can get it to jackpot every so often. It always does something I've never seen occasionally, and my kids love it. My friends can put quarters in and win if they want to try. It will typically pay well over 100$ on a jackpot if you can keep it going. I have it filled up enough to payout.
No one is brave enough usually, so they ask me to open it to use quarters.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Since my rearview mirror was made obsolete by the gun boots, I use the below from Amazon. $139. Works great. Clips over the OEM mirror.
WOLFBOX 12“ Mirror Dash Cam Backup Camera,1296P Full HD Smart Rearview Mirror for Cars & Trucks, 1080P Front and Rear View Dual Cameras, Night Vision, Parking Assistance, Free 32GB Card & GPS

·
Registered
RMAX2 XT-R
9 Posts
Have had a set on the RMAX ever since first got it and it was the first to get to our dealer. Actually had them on the X2 Wolverine and just transferred them, along with the side mirrors. A must for me as I have a heavy duty aluminum dog cage, gun scabbard, and a large storage box in the bed which block my view entirely. Got the camera setup on Amazon or Ebay. Under $100 and came with the HDR screen and 3 cameras. Works great. Took out the RV mirror and mounted the screen there. Mounted the reasr cam above the muffler, below the bed. Very similar to another gentleman's post. Front cam is mounted above the winch. I have had no issues with mud or dirt on the lenses in those 2 places, although we do ride alone, so have no spray from any machines in front. Wouldn't be without them. The front cams make up for the lost visibility of the RMAX design vs the Wolverine design and also for not having spotters with us. The cameras on my cars are continually getting dirty and unusable. The newest put windshield washers on the camera since they couldn't find a proper mounting place so as not to get filthy! So, they will always have a place on my buggy. Only complain is that the lines on the screen showing your clear backup path are inaccurate. They are too narrow so it looks as if you will clear some trees and in actuality you will not.

·
Premium Member
2021 Rmax 4 LE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all for your replies!
660griz - when you use your mirror monitor clipped on the stock mirror, does it come loose while you're driving?
Ridge Runner - the stock mirror screws on the mounting bracket. How did you attach your monitor, on the bracket?
Thanks.

·
Registered
RMAX2 XT-R
9 Posts
Thanks all for your replies!
660griz - when you use your mirror monitor clipped on the stock mirror, does it come loose while you're driving?
Ridge Runner - the stock mirror screws on the mounting bracket. How did you attach your monitor, on the bracket?
Thanks.
Sorry to take so long to reply. Was off grid and just got back to internet coverage today.

My backup screen came with a few mounting options. The one I used was a short pedestal with a base and an articulating head. To the best of my memory, I was able to drill a hole to match the mirror bracket to accommodate it and then adjust the head to suit my viewing.

I can snap a pic or two when I get back if you need any more info. Just let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed a backup camera on my RMAX. It is a wireless camera type. The camera is HD, made out of metal. I got power from the left tail light. Conveniently, there are bolts coming through the frame under the bottom of the tailgate, one right in the middle which I attached the camera to. Another one was used for the ground wire. I think the bolts are 10mm. I affixed magnets to the monitor bracket and mounted a metal plate to the roll bar with 3M double sided tape and zip ties. The tape is mostly for anti-rattle. The bracket and monitor snap on tight with the magents. The monitor is mounted to the bracket in such a way that I can flip it up when not in use for more forward visibility. It is wired to a spare accessory circuit under the hood. When it is time to trailer the rig, I pull the monitor off the plate and put it in my truck, powering it with a Cig Adapter that came with it. The camera and monitor both have quick disconnects. When I need to back up the trailer, especially at night, I just turn the RMAX on and I get good visibility of where the trailer is. It cost something like $129. View attachment 99813
View attachment 99812
View attachment 99810
View attachment 99814
View attachment 99811
That's an awesome setup. Do you have a link for the camera kit?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts