Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a rear seat and cage on order from UTV Mountain Accessories. It should be here tomorrow and I will get it installed this weekend for pictures.
I mean I have no idea where the feet or knees are even going to go in that kit. No adult or even pre teen could sit comfortably in there.. Seems to be a very tight fit. (IMHO)

Let us know for sure I am really curious.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just hung up with Chris @ UTVMA. Super nice guy, but even he stated there is very little room for the feet and this kit was designed with young kids in mind.
I inquired about mounting the seat facing rearward and he says you'd need to come up with a mount system for the seat as with his kit the seat mounts to the cage, then the cage to the vehicle.

I may just buy the baja bench seat, mount it rearward and have a fabricator extend the cage. Or try to purchase his cage sans the seat mount.
I want to take my 9 y/o and a friend out for rides, but dont want to commit to the size of a 4 seater.

Firefighter1988,
when you get the kit would you mind taking pics of the bottom of the bench as well as where it mounts to the cage? I'm wondering how much work to fab up something to make the bench rear mount to his cage and avoid drilling holes in the bed.

thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will get picts up as soon as I can. My daughter is only 1 so she will be in her car seat for a couple more years and leg room shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully by then we have more options from Yamaha but until then this should work for me.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax4 LE
108 Posts
all I have seen out there is the storage seat that is for sale at UTV headquarters. UTV Headquarters - All Purpose Contour Rear Seat

I'm thinking of getting the rear facing seat...seems a little more functional with the seatbelts and all. Be like the old station wagons with the rear facing seats in the back.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
....and the old Subaru Brat with the seats in the open box.

·
Registered
157 Posts
all I have seen out there is the storage seat that is for sale at UTV headquarters. UTV Headquarters - All Purpose Contour Rear Seat

I'm thinking of getting the rear facing seat...seems a little more functional with the seatbelts and all. Be like the old station wagons with the rear facing seats in the back.

the out on liability:

* Not to be used while the vehicle is in motion

LOL

But it does look useful in certain situations, but no roll cage like the first option posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.