Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ripped the rubber boot on the outside of my axle. No big deal I know but there are no after market ones available and yamaha wants $132 and change, simply ridiculous for a dang piece of rubber.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
my riding buddy has a polaris sportsman and wrecked the boot and bearing on his axle and said it was cheaper to buy an aftermarket axle than replace these two items.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Ripped the rubber boot on the outside of my axle. No big deal I know but there are no after market ones available and yamaha wants $132 and change, simply ridiculous for a dang piece of rubber.

How bad is the tear? I fixed mine with 100% silicon caulk and it has been holding up so far. Just clean it up with alcohol first so it sticks. Also, I am almost positive that hunterworks sells axles for our machines. No idea what brand though.

Posted from my dumb phone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its almost ripped in half, so unfortunately no caulking will work but thanks for the idea. I will have to bite the bullet and buy the dang thing. Will miss the ride today because of coarse nobody has it in stock.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm not sure what you want to do but if you just want a new boot put on Parts Unlimited has some kits for $25 and $15. If you noticed it right away I wouldn't think your CV shaft was bad. PN#0213-0630/ PN#0213-0631. Says Wolverine R-Spec 2016.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The same thing happened to me a week ago, I just used a kimpex universal one that fits most bikes, it worked great and it was only 20 bucks. The boots on the vikings are the same also and kimpex makes an aftermarket one for the vikings.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
If it's just the boot there's no reason you shouldn't just be able to replace that. Done it on my grizzly the boot, grease and clamps were like $20

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
After 3 days of rough riding, I washed my Wolvie today. I have a stick right through my rear cv boot. Does anyone know the size of the axle nut? I don't have anything that big in my tool box. Is there an after market boot you all prefer?

·
Registered
718 Posts
The nut is 1-1/4"

Reactions: MORSNO and Gfam828
1 - 16 of 16 Posts