Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have HW PCV installed and was getting intermittent hesitation. I had the 2R tip installed. I took that out and installed a HMF XL to get rid of the Cat, maybe get a little more power. The hesitation got worse. So now I'm trying the Autotune. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Taking it out tomorrow.

IMG_2726.JPG

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Did you have the latest tinken map on the pcv?

Reactions: R2V2 and TINKEN

·
Engineer
1,819 Posts
Hi gixxer, how long ago did you purchase your pcv from HW? I recently wrote a new map in order to fix some of the lean issues, especially at low throttle operation. When you opened the powercommander software after installing the autotuner, was my name listed in the comments section at the bottom?

Also while running the autotune, might be helpful to block off the pulse air injection valve in the image below. A large enough steel ball bearing in either [23, 25] hoses will work and is reversible. That way when you take a reading, it will be true.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back from trail riding and I would have to say it ran 90% better as far as hesitation goes. It only did it one time at slow crawling. Way less backfiring on deceleration. Next run I'm going up on the air fuel correction to 25% instead of 20%.
Todd- I got the PCV from you about 2 months ago.
Tinker- I did read that I should block off the air injection. Ordering some block off plates now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts