Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Long time owner of a Can Am commander, am fed up with it. Looking at the R Spec and see that alot of people on here use it out East and that seems to be what it was designed for. Just wanted to see how well these things do out here in Arizona. Bas anyone ridden them in the 100+ degree heat, any issues? Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Not from AZ but I've ridden out there a few times with my uncle in his RZR. If you like riding balls to the wall at 60+ mph the Wolverine probably not the machine for you.

If you are more into: slower technical type riding, Climbing up and over stuff, enjoying creature comforts, better belt life, less engine heat entering the cab & a company known for it's reliability.......the Wolverine could very well be a good choice.

Personally......when it gets over 100..........I want the comfort of my Jeeps AC. I'm getting old and soft.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm more into the rock crawling. If I want to go fast I'd hop on my Kawi, yeah we regularly ride in the middle of summer here when the Sun goes down or when it's freakishly mild (100 degrees instead of 115) I'm still a young buck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My question is. How are these holding up in the heat? I've read a few posts on here about temperatures getting hot out East ( I believe it was due to a plugged radiator)

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
One thing I think they need is gauges. From what I've read coolant fan comes on at 209 (hard to hear it running when under motion) but the idiot light doesn't come on until around 256. That seems way too hot. I want the ability to monitior actual temps & oil psi.

A power commander would be useful to make sure it is adequately fueled.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I live in Az. One of the many reasons for going Yamaha wolverine because of the hot cabs of the can am and Polaris. After reading the forums on the
Can ams. I stay far away from those money Pitts. My cousin has an 2013 ranger. And it burns you to death sitting in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bert, was most concerned with how well the machine itself does in the heat. Sounds like it's no trouble at all.

The Can Am commander is a hot ride, nice in the snow tho.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well I figured it was the best made. Out of the three. But no I haven't had any overheating issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts