Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

501 - 514 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
No. Depending on what you’re looking for you may have to wait until 2022.
I’m doing a custom order enclosed aluminum trailer with 7’ height rear door opening. I’m adding a screen RV door and some other extras.
The one regret when I ordered my enclosed is not have the dovetail deleted. Do the inside dimensions with tape or chalk and park the buggy in the mock up while you still have time to make changes. Make sure you consider axle and man door placement. Also make sure the door height is raised to match the roof. You would think that be would automatic but it wasn't on my order. I also got drawings from the engineer I had to approve before they started building.

Reactions: Wolverinegramps

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
The one regret when I ordered my enclosed is not have the dovetail deleted. Do the inside dimensions with tape or chalk and park the buggy in the mock up while you still have time to make changes. Make sure you consider axle and man door placement. Also make sure the door height is raised to match the roof. You would think that be would automatic but it wasn't on my order. I also got drawings from the engineer I had to approve before they started building.
I have gone over the layout in detail (including door opening) with the sales person. My new trailer will be at least 8" higher and 2' longer than I need. I know exactly what I need because I can base it on my 7' enclosed that I have now. I'm going to an 8' enclosed. I can squeeze out of my RMAX now but I better skip desserts from now on. An 8' wide trailer will work perfectly. :)

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have gone over the layout in detail (including door opening) with the sales person. My new trailer will be at least 8" higher and 2' longer than I need. I know exactly what I need because I can base it on my 7' enclosed that I have now. I'm going to an 8' enclosed. I can squeeze out of my RMAX now but I better skip desserts from now on. An 8' wide trailer will work perfectly. :)

Thanks for your reply.
I agree you need an 8' wide trailer - mine is 7' and I can't get out easily...It is also 7' high and the Rmax goes in no problem...I use the trailer for my 2 Viper snowmobiles and in a pinch for the Rmax...I have a regular utility trailer I mostly use for my Rmax though. If I bought another enclosed, I would get it made by Beckner and it would be 8' wide!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have been using synthetic oil. My mechanic says you can burn that without knowing. He thinks the oil level dropped causing engine lockup. I can’t account for that since level was recently caked.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I have been using synthetic oil. My mechanic says you can burn that without knowing. He thinks the oil level dropped causing engine lockup. I can’t account for that since level was recently caked.
Did you ever have consumption issues or have the TSB performed?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
Congrats Doc. You’re going to love that RMAX. It’s a huge step up from the gen 1.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
I agree you need an 8' wide trailer - mine is 7' and I can't get out easily...It is also 7' high and the Rmax goes in no problem...I use the trailer for my 2 Viper snowmobiles and in a pinch for the Rmax...I have a regular utility trailer I mostly use for my Rmax though. If I bought another enclosed, I would get it made by Beckner and it would be 8' wide!
I’m not familiar with Beckner trailers. I just looked them up and they look well built. I decided to go with an aluminum Legend Deluxe 8’ X 17’. I presently own a Legend trailer and like the construction. I added 12” extra height. The door opening will be 7’-1”. I also ordered it with a reinforced ramp. I added 5,000 pound tie downs, extra 12 volt lights, 110 volt package and 16” on center roof cross members. The floors and roof are already 16” on center.
I also have an open trailer that I use in the summer. I use the enclosed trailer this time of year to keep the road salt of my RMAX.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m not familiar with Beckner trailers. I just looked them up and they look well built. I decided to go with an aluminum Legend Deluxe 8’ X 17’. I presently own a Legend trailer and like the construction. I added 12” extra height. The door opening will be 7’-1”. I also ordered it with a reinforced ramp. I added 5,000 pound tie downs, extra 12 volt lights, 110 volt package and 16” on center roof cross members. The floors and roof are already 16” on center.
I also have an open trailer that I use in the summer. I use the enclosed trailer this time of year to keep the road salt of my RMAX.
I had good luck with Beckner - price was right so I drove to there shop twice - once to pickup the enclosed trailer (7'x7'x23' with two loading doors) and a aluminum utility trailer.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #514
Looking good DocT.(y)

501 - 514 of 514 Posts