Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

301 - 320 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Just spoke to my dealer. He hasn't seen my RMAX yet. He expected to see it by now. He said he would call me the minute it shows up.:(

He told me he has lots of interest. Thankfully mine is first in line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was looking for a Wolverine 850 in August and ready to make a purchase. The Yamaha Dealer in Holland Michigan told me it would be list price and there would be no negotiating, and he couldn't get the vehicle anyway until next year. So my impression was I was wasting his time. I guess he didn't want my cash. I guess us non-Hollanders money is no good?

I have a place, around Ruby Creek, and Ludington Michigan is the closest somewhat big town. So towards the end of August I was stopping by the Yamaha dealer, U -Win , on my way to town. They had three people on a waiting list for the Wolverine 850. The dealer said I was going to be four if I put a $500 deposit down. Then I heard that Yamaha was coming out with a new Wolverine on September 1st and figured I'd wait for it to be announced on the 3rd. I stopped by the dealer in Ludington shortly after it was announced.

The owner was just getting in the dealership on the morning of September 3rd, and he didn't have information beforehand on the RMAX. He was looking it up when I came in. So I went and talked to him and we looked at the machines online. He said but he could secure the blue (LE) and that the other colors would have to be ordered. The List and shipping price is around 24 he said. So I'm like I guess I'll have to pay list price because of the supply and demand thing. He said he could cut some type of deal. So for 22 out the door plus tags and tax. I secured it with a deposit.

I called the dealer last Friday and he called Yamaha - was then told that it would be on the truck in Georgia on the 22nd of September. So maybe a week after that?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #303 (Edited)
Sounds like you got a great deal.
Did you mean the 22nd of October?
Here in Canada it seems that the dealers can’t get information on shipping dates. I just have to wait for mine to show up. Should be any day I’m told.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah this month October 22nd. And hopefully this year too. When I secured it he looked at the inventory so the machine was available to be allocated. This was an hour and a half after Yamaha made the announcement for the new RMAX. I don't know why he couldn't get the green ones? But I like the LE model better anyways

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
You got a good deal and you like the LE better so it sounds like a win, win. Keep us posted of when it arrives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The dealer said he was getting some green ones too the other week. He still hasn't gotten any RMAXs yet -that I know of. I'm thinking when you announce the release of a vehicle. There should be some available for sale so maybe that's what I got? Anyway said mine would be the first to arrive. Or at least on the first truck I suppose.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
The dealer said he was getting some green ones too the other week. He still hasn't gotten any RMAXs yet -that I know of. I'm thinking when you announce the release of a vehicle. There should be some available for sale so maybe that's what I got? Anyway said mine would be the first to arrive. Or at least on the first truck I suppose.
I think under normal circumstances they would have inventory but Covid 19 has caused a tremendous shortage. There also seems to be an increase in demand for toys.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i'm not far from the ludington area.. which dealer did you go through? thats a good price for sure, and i wouldn't mind getting a deal like that for a fellow non-hollander lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
U Win Motorsports on US 10. The thing is looking online and talking to people I opened my mouth and said I guess I would have to pay list price when we were making our deal. Most sales people relish those words. I was like DUH! And when he said he could come up with some kind of deal -after putting myself in that vulnerable position - kind of gives you some hope for humanity.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
U Win Motorsports on US 10. The thing is looking online and talking to people I opened my mouth and said I guess I would have to pay list price when we were making our deal. Most sales people relish those words. I was like DUH! And when he said he could come up with some kind of deal -after putting myself in that vulnerable position - kind of gives you some hope for humanity.
Sounds like an honest dealership. Maybe I should take the drive. It‘s only 6 or 7 hour drive from where I live. :)

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,622 Posts
You lucked in for sure.
I'd be looking at a Buckboard covered wagon for that minus the wheels. LOL

I'd be adding around another 10k or more on an LE. Ouch I am shaking at the price. Heck I didn't pay that much for my 4WD Highlander SUV.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I never knew Toyota made a Highlander in a four-wheel drive? I know they lied to people and said that they were 4 wheel drive. And sold them as such to gullible people who didn't know the difference between four-wheel drive and all-wheel drive. Anyway all the money I saved from driving Subaru's and not Toyota's - I now have 25 grand burning a hole in my pocket from not getting ripped off from buying products that were based on fraud.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,622 Posts
Its a 2012 and its badged as 4WD. It runs this Full time as there is no selection nor disengaging front nor rear diff's at any time. This system ended in the 2013 year after which they did what Hyundai/Kia do and have an electronci controller coupler engaging the rear diff. I did not like that system, at least for myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
LOL Toyota got into some legal issue and had to change 4WD to AWD on the back of the vehicles. I know I could spend the money better. But I will try to use the RMAX for working around the place. And lots of places to drive where I am at. I could also waste the money on worse things too. I could have a fun week with hookers and cocaine and have nothing to show for the 22 Gs I am dropping.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was looking for a Wolverine 850 in August and ready to make a purchase. The Yamaha Dealer in Holland Michigan told me it would be list price and there would be no negotiating, and he couldn't get the vehicle anyway until next year. So my impression was I was wasting his time. I guess he didn't want my cash. I guess us non-Hollanders money is no good?

I have a place, around Ruby Creek, and Ludington Michigan is the closest somewhat big town. So towards the end of August I was stopping by the Yamaha dealer, U -Win , on my way to town. They had three people on a waiting list for the Wolverine 850. The dealer said I was going to be four if I put a $500 deposit down. Then I heard that Yamaha was coming out with a new Wolverine on September 1st and figured I'd wait for it to be announced on the 3rd. I stopped by the dealer in Ludington shortly after it was announced.

The owner was just getting in the dealership on the morning of September 3rd, and he didn't have information beforehand on the RMAX. He was looking it up when I came in. So I went and talked to him and we looked at the machines online. He said but he could secure the blue (LE) and that the other colors would have to be ordered. The List and shipping price is around 24 he said. So I'm like I guess I'll have to pay list price because of the supply and demand thing. He said he could cut some type of deal. So for 22 out the door plus tags and tax. I secured it with a deposit.

I called the dealer last Friday and he called Yamaha - was then told that it would be on the truck in Georgia on the 22nd of September. So maybe a week after that?
That is an unbelieveable deal. I paid $21,200 for the XT-R plus tax and a $35 licensing fee. I did add another $1,200 in accessories and a four-year ext. warranty.. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
was going to say i wouldn't think you would get that kind of deal from babbits lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Okay guys...sorry for the delay.

Stereo: works awesome for anything but full throttle. Install was SUPER EASY. They say install time is approximately 3 hours. I had it done in 2.5 hours with dinner and beer breaks. I did use a 12v impact on all the door and trim bolts to speed things up though. It is great and I have loved it for 200 plus miles on the Hatfield trails. I do have pics of measurements if anyone wants them, they are on my phone so I have not really looked into posting them.

As far as the machine goes...anyone that is debating the size should just go get one. The shocks and power far outweigh the extra width. I have bottomed out a few times on the medium setting now but the machine ALWAYS feels controllable and smooth. My X2 will be relegated to the farm work and transportation now LOL. I towed an overheated rhino out 12 miles in the trails. Worked NO PROBLEM. It is a beast in all senses of the word!

Super ATV half and full windshields have both been used, I like the full better. Half will be for summer and spring use only I think.

Any other questions feel free to ask. Two more days of riding. One more note is, it is super muddy down here and the radiator and oil cooler are almost spotless.

·
Registered
347 Posts
...this waiting on the machine is getting older by the day...step it up Yamaha... :mad:

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,622 Posts
You are as well, check the mirror for them older hairs!! LOL

301 - 320 of 341 Posts