Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
So compared to the X2 are the seats better. Is there more room between the door and engine cowl so one could potentially install after market seats? Also is the wheel pattern still 4 on 110 mm ?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Man I can’t wait to see what dynojet can produce extra out of this beast!
Should be interesting. Made a huge difference on my X2. I suspect the same for the RMAX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
My dealer just sent me an update. Says that the Yamaha rep states that the only ones in production are the XTR's, once enough are mfg'd they will switch to the other models. The rep said that based on the orders placed for the LE mine will be one of the first being delivered to the Southeast....

Don't know how much truth there is in that msg..but it's more than just him saying no update...

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Got picked up today. Now it’s going directly to Dynojet and they will develop tunes for it. Has a different ECU then our past X2/X4’s. I’m not home until end of October so they have all the time they need. View attachment 87446
View attachment 87448
View attachment 87450
View attachment 87452
View attachment 87454

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!!! I'm super jealous as well. I'm at 8 days and counting since my deposit. I just called my dealership and they told me they really haven't heard anything yet. But they're thinking it may be October or later. Personally I think this is B.S.! If Yamaha wasn't going to have them until October or later they should have put that on their website, not September. They had plenty of time delaying this launch to have an accurate time schedule and covid-19 is no surprise anymore so that isn't a valid excuse to me anymore. I might not have sold my X4 as soon as I did if the date on Yamahas website was months in the future. I made my decision based on what I though was honest information. Now if mine does show up within September I'll eat my words but theres only a week of September left and really only 5 days taking the weekend out of the equation. Hopefully Yamaha holds up to their word. Only time will tell...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Congrats!!! I'm super jealous as well. I'm at 8 days and counting since my deposit. I just called my dealership and they told me they really haven't heard anything yet. But they're thinking it may be October or later. Personally I think this is B.S.! If Yamaha wasn't going to have them until October or later they should have put that on their website, not September. They had plenty of time delaying this launch to have an accurate time schedule and covid-19 is no surprise anymore so that isn't a valid excuse to me anymore. I might not have sold my X4 as soon as I did if the date on Yamahas website was months in the future. I made my decision based on what I though was honest information. Now if mine does show up within September I'll eat my words but theres only a week of September left and really only 5 days taking the weekend out of the equation. Hopefully Yamaha holds up to their word. Only time will tell...
I agree, I'm surprised they didn't have all machines AND accessories well stocked in warehouses ready to go since the initial delay.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If they are having the same type of issues we are having right now in my area, it's probably due to the manufacturing facility(ies) having to downsize the amount of assemblers per shift due to covid, and not to mention the lack of workers.

my company deals with automotive parts, and we are a drop in the bucket compared to a company the size of yamaha, but we have a shortage of over 200 employees across the board. It is so bad that they are requesting help from the engineering offices to help on the assembly floor! i work 45-50 hours a week (5 days), and may be forced to stay after and assemble parts on 2nd shift to help keep caught up.

i understand the frustration because i would be the same way if i was in your boat, but right now manufacturing is just slow due to lack of employees, sanctions & and even supplier's feeding them parts due to 'the rona'

·
Registered
2020 Wolverine X4
121 Posts
If they are having the same type of issues we are having right now in my area, it's probably due to the manufacturing facility(ies) having to downsize the amount of assemblers per shift due to covid, and not to mention the lack of workers.

my company deals with automotive parts, and we are a drop in the bucket compared to a company the size of yamaha, but we have a shortage of over 200 employees across the board. It is so bad that they are requesting help from the engineering offices to help on the assembly floor! i work 45-50 hours a week (5 days), and may be forced to stay after and assemble parts on 2nd shift to help keep caught up.

i understand the frustration because i would be the same way if i was in your boat, but right now manufacturing is just slow due to lack of employees, sanctions & and even supplier's feeding them parts due to 'the rona'
Thanks for the first hand knowledge, always interesting;
So shortage of employees in assembly lines because they are away sick/various reasons and they need office staff to fill the voids?
Or because the assembly lines had people working too close and pulling/spacing people out has created obvious slow downs?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I get all of that but again this launch was already delayed from from early this summer in like June or July ( if I looked back at the old threads I would know exactly ) because of covid-19 so they had plenty of time again to work all of that out. If all of that was still an issue they should not have givin the dates that they did and factored all of that in for more accurate dates. This is Yamaha. A giant in the industry. I would expect more professionalism.

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I get all of that but again this launch was already delayed from from early this summer in like June or July ( if I looked back at the old threads I would know exactly ) because of covid-19 so they had plenty of time again to work all of that out. If all of that was still an issue they should not have givin the dates that they did and factored all of that in for more accurate dates. This is Yamaha. A giant in the industry. I would expect more professionalism.
Can you imagine how much of the market share they would have lost if they delayed the launch any further? Guys are patiently and impatiently waiting for the RMAX. These same individuals may have bought a PoPo or other competing models......actually some have stated this if they didn't see/hear about the RMAX. No, any further delay would have been catastrophic.

Not many were complaining about KRX parts not being available right away, not even the knuckles. Plenty of time to do what? Find a workaround for China virus? Let me know what your workaround for China virus is. The whole world wants to know.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Can you imagine how much of the market share they would have lost if they delayed the launch any further? Guys are patiently and impatiently waiting for the RMAX. These same individuals may have bought a PoPo or other competing models......actually some have stated this if they didn't see/hear about the RMAX. No, any further delay would have been catastrophic.

Not many were complaining about KRX parts not being available right away, not even the knuckles. Plenty of time to do what? Find a workaround for China virus? Let me know what your workaround for China virus is. The whole world wants to know.
Not a workaround but to implement new processes and procedures. Just like my company has done. This virus hasn't slowed anything down for the company I work for. In fact we have had record setting sales. And nobody coming in to spend their money gives a darn about staying 6ft. away from me or my associates for our safety. All that aside because it's a mute point to argue about it I'm just saying you shouldn't put this on your website if it wasn't accurate. It should have said availability to be determined or something like that.

Attachments

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Not a workaround but to implement new processes and procedures. Just like my company has done. This virus hasn't slowed anything down for the company I work for. In fact we have had record setting sales. And nobody coming in to spend their money gives a darn about staying 6ft. away from me or my associates for our safety. All that aside because it's a mute point to argue about it I'm just saying you shouldn't put this on your website if it wasn't accurate. It should have said availability to be determined or something like that. View attachment 88883
Technically it is available............just in limited supply. The demand is greater than when the X2/X4 was launched (in my opinion).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the first hand knowledge, always interesting;
So shortage of employees in assembly lines because they are away sick/various reasons and they need office staff to fill the voids?
Or because the assembly lines had people working too close and pulling/spacing people out has created obvious slow downs?
the hardest part is finding employees. Our area business is booming. We have an amazon full fillment center in our area that is offering $1000 sign on bonuses for anyone that comes to work there. Shortage of workers willing to work is the main issue. However i also know alot of schools are doing at home (distance?) learning and have forced a lot of parents to quit working to stay at home with little ones due to this issue as well.

i'm in michigan, and i know every state is different with their regulations and how they are enforcing them. We have already been fined 3 times for employees not wearing face masks while on the floor working. Which i don't blame them when we don't have AC'd buildings and it's 100* inside.. to heck with wearing a mask

the whole situation sucks and i feel for you guys who put deposits down already, and sold their previous machines already due to wanting/getting the new rmax. If we werent' in the middle of buying/selling a house i would probably be in the same boat lol.. I like my toys, and i like my toys NOW! lol

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Technically it is available............just in limited supply. The demand is greater than when the X2/X4 was launched (in my opinion).
If that isn't the same corporate spin that I hear every day from the powers-that-be up high with my company. You must be on the payroll.....LOL

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
If that isn't the same corporate spin that I hear every day from the powers-that-be up high with my company. You must be on the payroll.....LOL
Don't I wish!!

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,441 Posts
I am having trouble with the new site in see who posted what in various primary thread link. I don't use the New filtering and only view the forums but the info is void of who posted in reference to what. I have notifiied the the admin but they think I am the only one with this issue. Cannot be so. I have assessed this site on a number of different computers in the past with out issues until now!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I am having trouble with the new site in see who posted what in various primary thread link. I don't use the New filtering and only view the forums but the info is void of who posted in reference to what. I have notifiied the the admin but they think I am the only one with this issue. Cannot be so. I have assessed this site on a number of different computers in the past with out issues until now!!!
They are trying to help you as have I but you are not getting it. The SUBSECTIONS of the main forum link are NOT threads. They are sections leading to other sections which contain the actual threads, which certainly DO show the latest poster info. It is impossible to show all the posters in the main forum under the subsections, and the many other sections under those. It may very well be a little different than it was before, depending on how you accessed the information.

Quite simply, once you click on any subsection under the main forum, then most recent poster info is displayed. As the admin explained, it will not show up on the main forum section. Put up a screen shot of a specific section with THREADS in it, I bet that the recent poster info is present.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What's the above got to do with "Any taken delivery on a RMAX?

·
Registered
326 Posts
...patiently waiting...kinda....

161 - 180 of 180 Posts