Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
If I knew how to get at the back of the switches, I would try testing the light straight from the switch................
Just a follow-up to my issues with my light bar. Only took a month of messing around, but the culprit was the switch all-along. So, either the dealership got a whole crop of bad OEM switches or the mechanic that worked on my issues never even tried a different switch. They had an after-market one there that works flawlessly. Nice thing is it illuminates blue like the rest of my interior so it matches great!!
Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yep right to my SATV flip. Completely out of the way and not on the roof. Bolted up to existing hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I got a lot of glare from the windshield when the light bar was on. I fixed it with a plastic sheet extending about 3” under the light. Just enough to put the windshield in a shadow.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 SE
19 Posts
I installed 4 factory Yamaha light pods in the front bumper, You will need to purchase the mounting bracket also, I think it is the slickest setup ever. The lights are very well protected and they are very bright.

kenner
I am considering adding pod lights & bracket to my RMAX4. Can you confirm if the pod lights run by separate rocker switches or are they connected to the high beam circuit. Did they come with a wiring harness? Could not get clear answer from my dealer.

Did you get flood or spot pattern. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I am considering adding pod lights & bracket to my RMAX4. Can you confirm if the pod lights run by separate rocker switches or are they connected to the high beam circuit.

Did you get flood or spot pattern. Thanks in advance...
Will be posting pictures of pod lights in my build thread shortly.

·
Registered
156 Posts
They have 1 switch for each set of pod lights, 4 pod lights will have 2 switches.
Mine are flood lights and very bright.
kenner

·
Registered
92 Posts
Following this thread but still a bit unclear on something. I have a base X2 with the plastic roof and in looking at it, I would have to mount the lightbar to the plastic roof itself, which is flexible enough that it seems it would move around alot. Has anyone does this or gotten other brackets? In looking to mount on the roll cage, the cage is about 5" behind the front of the roof, so tough to mount anything there. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
There are brackets for these using the bars bolt holes near the windshield area. Thats where I'd put any more lighting next. I'd mount the brackets such that the LED lamps are inside the bars so has not to hang up on branches coming up the hood or bars. Some have homemade out of 90 large angle brackets at a hardware store, twisted and drilled to work. Creative minds have a solution given time and beer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There are brackets for these using the bars bolt holes near the windshield area. Thats where I'd put any more lighting next. I'd mount the brackets such that the LED lamps are inside the bars so has not to hang up on branches coming up the hood or bars. Some have homemade out of 90 large angle brackets at a hardware store, twisted and drilled to work. Creative minds have a solution given time and beer.
Great feedback, thanks

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I mounted a light bar directly to the roof. I used some 1 1/2" wide 12 gauge aluminum stock I cut in 3" length and put that under the roof to bolt through for added rigidity. It is very firm, does not move at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got a lot of glare from the windshield when the light bar was on. I fixed it with a plastic sheet extending about 3” under the light. Just enough to put the windshield in a shadow.
I ordered the same light bar and have plans to install the same way. What type of sheeting did you use to control the glare? I really like the look of this set up but was worried there might be a lot of glare. Mind sharing any pics of yours?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The glare problem was on the Gen1. The Rmax mount is further back on the roof so no problem. I mounted to the roof with large backing washers. The plastic for the Gen1 came from SummittRacing.com I used the same vinyl for fender flares.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 1000-4 standard, Alpha glass , Seizmik pursuit mirrors, BFG K3 tires, D-Drive Mode
45 Posts
I installed 4 factory Yamaha light pods in the front bumper, You will need to purchase the mounting bracket also, I think it is the slickest setup ever. The lights are very well protected and they are very bright.

kenner
Which model?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 1000-4 standard, Alpha glass , Seizmik pursuit mirrors, BFG K3 tires, D-Drive Mode
45 Posts
Did you have to buy an aftermarket bracket? Which one if so? I got the nilight 36 to install, but the slope of the roof isnt going to work with the packaged brackets.
I dont think the RMAX standard has any predrilled holes or detents. Correct?

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does this come with a harness and relay or do I need to buy separate, I really appreciate it. I love the sleek look of it, you get any glare? I upgraded to the super ATV flip up it's supposed to be here tomorrow. I would use the emp brackets but I'd like to put upper doors on for the winter and don't look like they would work out together

·
Registered
2021 Rmax4 LE
52 Posts
Just mounted up a RC 40" curved bar. I used supplied mounts. Drilled hole in plastic roof. Fits great. Solid. The switch harness is crap adhesive push button so I used mictuning lighted rocker switch. I cutt the RC hot and ground wire and used the relay trigger wire and the Yamaha acc. wire plug under hood cowl as my hot and neg, wires. Key on now and backlit the proper way. Works perfectly and no Batt, drain. RC light seems plenty good and the curve lights up sides pretty well. I like it. Single row Black series.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts