Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a hard time finding any mounting pics of light bars or pods on the Rmax. Obviously you can drill and throw on the roof, but was looking for some good looking pod mounts either with or without front guard, as I dont have the guard yet.

Anyone have any pics of their setup? A good spot seems like it would be at the top of the A pillar?

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
1,145 Posts
I'm off work after a shoulder surgery, and I'm certain I've watched every possible vid there on this machine. The yamaha vids give a couple good ideas with a light bar and pods. The machine is so new, not seeing much of the new owners getting to this point yet.
That said, the roof mounted bar from Yamaha sits too high for my liking.

This oem vid shows light mounting location well.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,540 Posts
Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
552 Posts
Ordering these, Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,540 Posts
Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
156 Posts
I installed 4 factory Yamaha light pods in the front bumper, You will need to purchase the mounting bracket also, I think it is the slickest setup ever. The lights are very well protected and they are very bright.

kenner

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I installed 4 factory Yamaha light pods in the front bumper, You will need to purchase the mounting bracket also, I think it is the slickest setup ever. The lights are very well protected and they are very bright.

kenner
Thanks, Kenner for the review. I'd probably get the mounts (cheap enough) but go with Amazon specials for the lights. I'm sure the Yamaha's are better but sometimes I'm a cheap (except on protections like skids).

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Any pics...

kenner

·
Registered
109 Posts
Working on it. Got all the wiring installed for bumper, A-pillar, and bed lights. The call to Lazerstar Lights is next.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just put a cheap 36" single row on. Its a BackRoads LED from RKO, Box says its 10800 lumens, and i believe it's thats pretty accurate. Very bright ( not like Rigid bright ) and has a decent pattern. $99 plus wire harness.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I thought the top was wider than that. Did you just bolt thru the roof? And may I ask what shield that is?

Just put a cheap 36" single row on. Its a BackRoads LED from RKO, Box says its 10800 lumens, and i believe it's thats pretty accurate. Very bright ( not like Rigid bright ) and has a decent pattern. $99 plus wire harness.

View attachment 89774

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yep, just bolted it through the roof. The windshield is factory Yamaha folding. The light bar is actually 37.5 inches, fit perfectly where I wanted it.

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
64 Posts
How are the headlights on the Rmax, I know a light bar is a big help.

·
Registered
378 Posts
They are not bad. Can never have too much light!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
That’s for sure I will be adding one to mine when I get it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
These look great guys, I am glad we have a thread on this, I was going to ask what the lengths looks like on the top. That 36 looks about perfect, and the pods look factory as well. Looks like I have some project coming up. Were the pods purchased from Shop Yamaha I assume? I am also assuming the front guard would not block those either.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts