Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone mount a rear set in their sxs? I got two kids, 10 and 5 and we all need to be able to ride or i may be selling and getting a pioneer 1000-5 soon.
I see there is a company that offers a seat and little cage thing but its 1500.00 and offer nearly no leg room.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I just don't see this as being a good idea. Several people has commented on how hot the exhaust is back in the bed. Do you want to be sitting on top of that??

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I don't know how other states work but it is my understanding that in Michigan added on seats are not recognized as being legal for passenger use on public lands. I know a lot of people do it but I've heard of many getting ticketed by DNR while on the trails.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
I've seen a home made child seat set up for three kids in the rear bed of a Teryx. It was made out of an angle iron frame with the seats welded/bolted on and the entire thing bolted into the Teryx frame. I live in Alaska where there are no organized trails, it's just 1000's of miles of vast wilderness open to anyone who wants to venture out (no licenses, permits, registrations, rules....the way life is mean't to be)

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
"I live in Alaska where there are no organized trails, it's just 1000's of miles of vast wilderness open to anyone who wants to venture out (no licenses, permits, registrations, rules....the way life is mean't to be)[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more, but most of the States have figured out that they can charge users a fee(tax) to use OUR public lands. Mostly applied to motor vehicle use, but I hear some areas charge to have access to them for any activity.
Here in Colorado we pay $25.25 per OHV and I dont believe Co has reciprocity with any other State so......I get to pay a fee (tax) in every State I ride in.:mad:

BUT DONT GET ME STARTED!

Sorry, just a little off the topic ranting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts