Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preload.png

Hello, I have a stock 2020 machine. Has anybody adjusted their front preload to the 1 setting, mine came at 2.

I'm curious as on my Grizzly, going from 3 to 2 changed the entire feel of the machine from an aggressive stiff thing(used this for plowing) to a soft rolling trail cruiser(handy for our tight bumpy trails).

I would just try it, but my small hand tool that worked for the quad doesn't seem big enough, so I'm wondering if I should bother looking into a better tool.

Thanks,

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had mine at 1 on the front, 2 in the rear on my base model gen 1. The riding I do is mostly on rocky trails, and that was my only way to soften the ride. Actually Rode good once I dialed it in. It did tend to oversteer on fast turns though.

Reactions: Dan

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,372 Posts
I'm curious what the X2's are set at from the factory?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I had mine at 1 on the front, 2 in the rear on my base model gen 1. The riding I do is mostly on rocky trails, and that was my only way to soften the ride. Actually Rode good once I dialed it in. It did tend to oversteer on fast turns though.
Thanks, I was pretty sure it would at least be noticeable given the difference it made on the Grizzly.

Edit: I ended up jacking the front end up and set the preload to the softest setting. It is another subtle ride quality improvement I'd recommend. May tighten it for snowplow season, will have to test. There is no excessive diving or swaying from doing this, something I was originally concerned about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts