Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Any SUPERATV news on the full flip out windshield for the RMAX

35K views 234 replies 31 participants last post by  SuperATV 
#1 ·
Anyone hear any updates, or news on this from SATV? Anxiously awaiting my favorite windshield! The RMAX is to fast, I can't keep my hat on.

#2 ·
How about a SuperATV tinted rear window for the RMAX4 as well? I know it very soon for there to be aftermarket accessories for all of the RMAX models but it would be nice to have certain things for winter riding.

Reactions: SuperATV
#3 ·
Hey fellas! They're coming along quickly! I've already seen the rear windshield. Not sure if we're making a tinted one yet, but I'll check. They'll both be ready really soon. I know the flips and rears are being cut right now. We'll probably have the rear drop in the next day or two, and the flips should be all boxed up hopefully by the end of the week or early next week.

#4 ·
Interesting. The fact that the X4 window was tinted was the reason I bought yours. I use side mirrors not a rear view so the main reasons for the window were dust and sun. In the winter it did feel like wind was reduced as well. Did you guys get negative reviews on the fact that it was tinted or something?

#5 ·
I'm not really sure. We'll probably make one in that material too. I just saw the clear one on the RMAX in the shop. We could very well do both...........and..........if everybody wants the tinted...well hell, let's make the tinted! Plus...I just got back from a little mini vacation, so I'm a little behind on everything in the shop. Lol! Still catching up!

#6 ·
Nice good to hear the flip will be available soon. Can't get my hard cab from Yamaha so will be the flip again. Had it on my X2 and loved it.

#7 ·
I bought a half windshield and a full from them. Put the NuFinish coating on it, man that works great!

#10 ·
Will the front windshield fit the RMAX 2 and 4? Looking for the flip style (same as you offer for the X4) for my RMAX 4 XTR.

#12 ·
The orange bottle of NuFinish, it was like 7 bucks. I put four coats. I will do two more before my next trip to Hatfield. Definitely provides protection.

#17 ·
Hey! Any day now! Just waiting for production to give the green light that they're all finished. Hopefully by tomorrow or sometime next week!
Hey Super ATV, I call dibs on the 1st flip window. I need one now in a bad way!
Will there be a discount code for us forum members?
Lol! :ROFLMAO:

Hear that, fellas? @Budro2 has dibs on #1. :ROFLMAO:

I'm watching the production count from the guys in the back.....just twiddling my thumbs till they flip the switch. If I'm in the office when they go live, I'll post it along with the weekly code.

#16 ·
Hey Super ATV, I call dibs on the 1st flip window. I need one now in a bad way!
Will there be a discount code for us forum members?

#20 ·
Okay I'm good with that by going at post #. lol Looks like Wolvyman is next then me.

#21 ·
Well i am going to be a gentleman and let you all in front of me because I determined my Gen 1 is fine after all today, so that means the Rmax doesn’t have to go hunting. We all know hunting is 1st priority!!!
We drove it down the road and back today and determined that before daylight we definitely don’t want to be in it without a front window!

#26 ·
#28 ·
Not that I know of. Heard side by side enclosures is working on one for the RMAX2. Yamaha doesn't have any.

Reactions: therebel19
#33 ·
Yes. I inquired a few weeks ago. They said they were getting a RMAX and would be making one. A few days ago I got an email from Side by Side Enclosures with a picture of an RMAX with their enclosure. It doesn’t appear on their website yet but may be ready if you contact them. I was going to order one but I don’t have a RMAX yet to put it on. :(

#35 ·
You guys at Super ATV are awesome! No matter how much our forum community pushes you are always positive and always keep us informed and stay in touch. I wish Yamaha themselves would take a hint from that.

Oh ya. My turn. LOL. Hows the thought of an RMAX4 rear window coming along? 😉

#36 ·
Got my superatv 1/2 windshield installed on my 2021 was shipped out quickly and fits alright, not perfect but looks alright and kept the wind at a minimal on our cold mountain ride this weekend.

#41 ·
Haha yeah just happen to click on your link for it this morning and was live.. Awesome Bud! Can't wait to get it installed. Think I may even got ahead of Jimbo. lol

#42 ·
Dirty bugger..LOL I wasn't sure if that link was meant to be used or you had to do it from the website

#43 ·
Question about the flip up shield... Is there a reason why you design it so that the bottom fixed part doesn't come up as far as the 1/4 height windshield.
Personnally, I'd like to see a larger fixed portion on top (sun shield and wiper mount) and little more on the bottom. So there's less windshield actually flipping up. Thoughts...

😉

They're not loaded into the main website yet, but get your fingers ready. They could get turned on any time now. The rears should be ready this week too.
[/QUOTE]

#45 ·
Question about the flip up shield... Is there a reason why you design it so that the bottom fixed part doesn't come up as far as the 1/4 height windshield.
Personnally, I'd like to see a larger fixed portion on top (sun shield and wiper mount) and little more on the bottom. So there's less windshield actually flipping up. Thoughts...
I'm assuming its lower to eliminate any line of sight issues where the two would meet up. The handles would be higher and venting would also put the upper out a little higher....so probably just the line of sight. I can ask the dude in the back that designs them, and pass along your thoughts!

#44 ·
Well looks like Yamaha just lost out on a $5k sale on the full hard cab. I can't wait until June for a cab when I need it for the winter plowing/ice fishing. I have the SATV flip wind shield coming and soon ordering the side by side enclosure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.