Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Look at how level my bracket was before I bent it downward.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I believe I have solved the problem.
I measured my bracket and it’s 5” from center of cage mount hole to center of mirror mount hole and it’s straight in design just like yours. If you look at your pic before you bent it, look at the corner cage brace in the back ground that’s at a 45 degree angle. Your mirror bracket is coming out flat in relation and the mounting bolts go straight up from below into the cage bar.

Now look at my pic. I took it with phone level. My bracket goes at a downward angle close to the angle of the brace/gusset in the back ground. My mounting bolts also don’t go straight up but rather in at an angle from the back side and up into to cage bar!
0738B72D-21CE-4B16-BE8A-F671F096FD94.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
There was an additional issue with my windshield, I had to trim the polycarbonate to accommodate the wider roof moldings. The 3 openings on the polycarbonate upper part would not fit around the 3 mounting points for the roof to the roll cage. Not sure if this is due to my machine being an RMAX4 and others installing this on a RMAX2. My local dealer is closed (by appointment only) so I am unable to stop in and compare the roof styles of the two models to see if there is a difference. Believe me, we tried everything thinking we were doing something wrong. Probably had that windshield on and off 20 times. As an FYI, SuperATV did update their website to show the flip windshield fitting the RMAX2... no mention of the RMAX4. I am guessing they realized there was a fitment issue with the RMAX4. I was one of the first people to order the item from SuperATV from our involvement on this forum. View attachment 90652
Ahh, that's the issue, yes there are RMAX4 fitment issues. Another reason why people need to fill out signature, location, and machine info, this issue has been discussed previously.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I believe I have solved the problem.
I measured my bracket and it’s 5” from center of cage mount hole to center of mirror mount hole and it’s straight in design just like yours. If you look at your pic before you bent it, look at the corner cage brace in the back ground that’s at a 45 degree angle. Your mirror bracket is coming out flat in relation and the mounting bolts go straight up from below into the cage bar.

Now look at my pic. I took it with phone level. My bracket goes at a downward angle close to the angle of the brace/gusset in the back ground. My mounting bolts also don’t go straight up but rather in at an angle from the back side and up into to cage bar!
View attachment 90657
So is my rops top bar installed incorrectly?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

That I couldn’t say. You would have to look into it. My first thought would be it needs to be turned around 180 degrees.
Since my mount holes come in and up from the back I’m thinking yours are going in from the front and up. Flipping it around would then change the angle of the bracket!

EDIT: check out the next pic in Otters post. The mount holes go in and up slightly from the back side!

Reactions: Maggot and Jimbo

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4 XTR / SuperATV Flip Windshield / Nilight 22" LED Light Bar / Chupacabra Side Mirrors
38 Posts
The SuperATV flip up windshield does not fit the RMAX4. Originally it was advertised as fitting, however the the RMAX2 and RMAX4 have completely different mounting methods of the factory roof to the roll cage. First image is from an RMAX2 the second is from the RMAX4. When I purchased the windshield, I notified SuperATV that it was for the RMAX4... and my info on the forum showed my correct signature, location, and machine info at that time. Don't get me wrong, not mad or anything at SuperATV. This is some of the issues that come along when dealing with a new product launch and limited availability for the aftermarket suppliers to bring it into their shops to do their research and development.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4 XTR / SuperATV Flip Windshield / Nilight 22" LED Light Bar / Chupacabra Side Mirrors
38 Posts
Actually, it is an easy fix on their end. They only need to redesign the top section. The main section and the lower fit perfect.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My bar is

my bar is 180 degrees out of whack. I need to flip it left to right. Then the mirror holes will be more at an angle. Dealership screwed up the install of the ROPS. that is why my bracket is complete horizontal. UGH.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My bar is

my bar is 180 degrees out of whack. I need to flip it left to right. Then the mirror holes will be more at an angle. Dealership screwed up the install of the ROPS. that is why my bracket is complete horizontal. UGH.
Typical of the dealers. I wouldn't take it back to that dealer for any service work or warranty issues.

Reactions: Rhinohio and Budro2

·
Registered
734 Posts
I couldn't be happier with my SATV flip windshield. I soaked my seals in hot water for 30 minutes made that a breeze installing. Had my Son help holding it up into place while getting the two roll bar clamps installed on the roof bar and upper windshield. I believe this one to be even better then my X2 SATV flip. Fitment was all perfect on mine. NO issue with the mirror. SATV hit a homerun on the windshield. My Xprite 38" LED light bar also installed to the windshield works perfect. It's protected and under the roof line. For the X4 guys just have to be patient they will get it resolved. Two thumbs up to SATV. Keep the products coming for our RMAX's.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I found one thing I don’t like.
I washed mine yesterday and I’ve got muddy water trapped between the window and the top angle iron where it hinges.
I’m going to undo it and clean it good and then run a light silicone bead across it to prevent it in the future.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
I found one thing I don’t like.
I washed mine yesterday and I’ve got muddy water trapped between the window and the top angle iron where it hinges.
I’m going to undo it and clean it good and then run a light silicone bead across it to prevent it in the future.
Ahh, good idea.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Awesome job Infidel, I'm gonna do the very same! What gauge wire / harness did you use to wire that up with?

Mounted mine up today. Installed the 38” xprite led light bar right to the hinges on the windshield. Had to notch the light bar mount then bolted up exactly to existing hinge mount bolts.

Works fine in open position as well. Looks like it was designed for the SATV flip. The mount is very solid to the windshield. Also tucked away below the roof line and protected. Very happy how it turned out and bolting up exactly to existing hardware on the hinges.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Awesome job Infidel, I'm gonna do the very same! What gauge wire / harness did you use to wire that up with?
Thanks it works great. I did add some spacer under each light bar mounting bracket to get it more even with the hinge depth. This allowed me to rotate the light bar more for fine tuning. You'll see what I mean. It is a very solid mount to the windshield. The 38” Xprite lines up perfectly with the outer most hinge bolt holes. Use the heavy guage harness. 14awg the one below is what I ordered. Xprite has 20% off right now as well. Had the 50" Xprite on my last X2. Loved it. Super bright and no issues with it. Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
721 Posts
Could you have flipped the hinges (right side hinge on the left so the curve is pointing upwards). Looks like it would put the light closer to the underside of the roof allowing for a little more adjustment.

Thanks it works great. I did add some spacer under each light bar mounting bracket to get it more even with the hinge depth. This allowed me to rotate the light bar more for fine tuning. You'll see what I mean. It is a very solid mount to the windshield. The 38” Xprite lines up perfectly with the outer most hinge bolt holes. Use the heavy guage harness. 14awg the one below is what I ordered. Xprite has 20% off right now as well. Had the 50" Xprite on my last X2. Loved it. Super bright and no issues with it. Good luck!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Could you have flipped the hinges (right side hinge on the left so the curve is pointing upwards). Looks like it would put the light closer to the underside of the roof allowing for a little more adjustment.
They way I have it now works perfect. The hinges are all identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
721 Posts
I'm referring to the hinges/L brackets on the light bar.
They are both curved downwards in your pics. If they were flipped so they curved upwards it may have offered a little different angle for adjustment.

They way I have it now works perfect. The hinges are all identical.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm referring to the hinges/L brackets on the light bar.
They are both curved downwards in your pics. If they were flipped so they curved upwards it may have offered a little different angle for adjustment.
Yeah play around with it. I had them on the other way and believe and didn’t care for it.

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
734 Posts
Another short review on the install and the options.
A&T Tech Outdoors
Except you don't have to re drill the holes for the mirror. Dudes an idiot. I didn't have any issues neither did a lot of others with the mirror.

Reactions: Budro2
161 - 180 of 208 Posts