Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Really. With having the tailgate needing to be able to still function along with having a rear window that seals properly on the RMAX4 you would think that wouldn't be so. Excited to find out for sure though. I hope they put up some pics as as well that show the fitment. I was really hoping for one with the darker tint like the X4 window but at this point I'll take what I can get.

I was trying to visualize this myself. This isn't my rig but the 4 seater roll cage is different as well?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
View attachment 91275 View attachment 91276

I was trying to visualize this myself. This isn't my rig but the 4 seater roll cage is different as well?
Looking at it closer the top section may fit and save them from having to do a different design for that part but the bottom section that bolts to it I think would have to be a totally different design for the 4 seater. You also wouldn't be able to utilize the same type of bracket assembly that attaches to the ROPS cross bar assembly because that piece go up on the 4 seater.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Vendor
400 Posts
I'm waiting to see the install pics too. Lol! I haven't seen it on the 4 seater yet. BUT...this is what they told me in the shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe I have solved the problem.
I measured my bracket and it’s 5” from center of cage mount hole to center of mirror mount hole and it’s straight in design just like yours. If you look at your pic before you bent it, look at the corner cage brace in the back ground that’s at a 45 degree angle. Your mirror bracket is coming out flat in relation and the mounting bolts go straight up from below into the cage bar.

Now look at my pic. I took it with phone level. My bracket goes at a downward angle close to the angle of the brace/gusset in the back ground. My mounting bolts also don’t go straight up but rather in at an angle from the back side and up into to cage bar!
View attachment 90657
Another victim of the dealership installed backwards ROPS bar. Still waiting on my windshield to be released but our RMAX X2's mirror was different then my X4. Its hard to tell but makes sense . . .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't cut the bottom seal bulb. I heated it with a heat gun... fit great around the curve.

View attachment 90751
Two things. Did you have a problem with the side seal trying to push the windshield out so much the bottom was riding out of the groove?? I didn't get a good picture but I think we're going to RTV the sides of the bottom portion of the windshield l.

Also, did you notice the brackets at the wrong angle?

If we tightened our windshield down it would lift it out of the groove of the hold? We own a metal fabrication shop we flattened out the original brackets and re bent them to the right angle (paint doesn't like it) and to get this perfect would be hard (all credit to superatv) as we couldn't make them at cost for what we can buy them for just wondering if we're the only ones.

We have two RMAX X4's and one X2

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
721 Posts
I continued the bottom seal around the corners and up the sides. No it didn't push off or lift the bottom shield.

As for fitment. I had to make and tweak lots of adjustments for a perfect fit. Don't tighten anything down until all together.
Several times I snugged something up to install another piece then I'd loosen the previous part. Once it was all together, then I went around numerous times loosening some pieces tightening others. So everything lined up and allowed the latches to open and close smoothly.
I'm a little ocd for this kinda stuff, and it fits great in the end without any mods.

Two things. Did you have a problem with the side seal trying to push the windshield out so much the bottom was riding out of the groove?? I didn't get a good picture but I think we're going to RTV the sides of the bottom portion of the windshield l. View attachment 91386

Also, did you notice the brackets at the wrong angle? View attachment 91387 View attachment 91388 View attachment 91389

If we tightened our windshield down it would lift it out of the groove of the hold? We own a metal fabrication shop we flattened out the original brackets and re bent them to the right angle (paint doesn't like it) and to get this perfect would be hard (all credit to superatv) as we couldn't make them at cost for what we can buy them for just wondering if we're the only ones.

We have two RMAX X4's and one X2

·
Registered
526 Posts
My friend I certainly owe you a beer if we ever meet, that install worked out great for me as well. I am very satisfied with the outcome! :)

Thanks it works great. I did add some spacer under each light bar mounting bracket to get it more even with the hinge depth. This allowed me to rotate the light bar more for fine tuning. You'll see what I mean. It is a very solid mount to the windshield. The 38” Xprite lines up perfectly with the outer most hinge bolt holes. Use the heavy guage harness. 14awg the one below is what I ordered. Xprite has 20% off right now as well. Had the 50" Xprite on my last X2. Loved it. Super bright and no issues with it. Good luck!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Reactions: SuperATV
201 - 208 of 208 Posts