Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished the heater project this is what I put in there mixed with distilled water. This was a lengthy project worked on it all week now that I am done I think I could do it in one 10hr day. I’m just glad it’s over. Hopefully I got all the air out I am pretty sure I did thanks everyone for the help I couldn’t have done it without you guys.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I use the pre-mix Blue antifreeze for aluminum.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ethylene Glycol, you look to be good on that part anyway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is what I used.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
At least something went right in this project
7 P rule Jomo.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. .......LOL J/K :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prior proper planning but piss poor performance describes my project. On the plus side I am confident that it’s done right and I won’t have any problems especially with that 1 inch hose is covering the 5/8 hose. I have to say my biggest mistake the whole project was losing my tilt wheel due to improper dash vent placement.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
It's all good buddy, we've been there and done that.
I would need the tilt wheel though as my beer belly grows with time :p
You could move it and just leave that vent there or plug it with something else.
Food for thought. And on your test ride, take some mixed coolant with you just in case

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I took it for a short ride (20min) and I did take antifreeze everything was ok and my temp read abort 170 most of the time the heat was ok but I would prefer that it would get so hot that you would have to back it off but it isn’t going to happen with this setup the problem is with all the snow and ice it’s hard to move off the broken trail

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Try a piece of cardboard or something in front of the radiator when it’s low temperature outside to see if it runs warmer.

Reactions: SKELLEY521

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last night I took it out again for a longer ride. After about 15min of riding the temp. Stayed between 190-200 limping up the grade. I don’t believe the fan ever kicked on so I don’t think it went over 205deg it actually blew hot air on low and medium not on high because high cooled the heater core down to much. I am wandering if this much heat is going to be a problem in the summertime I wish the fan would kick on at 190.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Weller ECU Flash sets fan activation to 190. My fan comes on @ 191*
Their 850 tune is awesome also.
I'd look at installing a shut-off valve somewhere if you could to the heater.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I know people with installed heaters complain that the X machines are over cooled, but it's nice to know I can play hard in the summer and not overheat like some other Brands/Models.
I stopped carrying my pump sprayer as it was getting used in other peoples radiators more than my windshield. So now I fill a windex bottle with cleaner.
They can pack their own water.....lol.

My Weller ECU Flash Review and still my favorite mod. Link.

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know people with installed heaters complain that the X machines are over cooled, but it's nice to know I can play hard in the summer and not overheat like some other Brands/Models.
I stopped carrying my pump sprayer as it was getting used in other peoples radiators more than my windshield. So now I fill a windex bottle with cleaner.
They can pack their own water.....lol.

My Weller ECU Flash Review and still my favorite mod. Link.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Last night I took it out again for a longer ride. After about 15min of riding the temp. Stayed between 190-200 limping up the grade. I don’t believe the fan ever kicked on so I don’t think it went over 205deg it actually blew hot air on low and medium not on high because high cooled the heater core down to much. I am wandering if this much heat is going to be a problem in the summertime I wish the fan would kick on at 190.
I had the same concern and I got the Weller reflash.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Weller ECU Flash sets fan activation to 190. My fan comes on @ 191*
Their 850 tune is awesome also.
I'd look at installing a shut-off valve somewhere if you could to the heater.
Ran mine all summer and did not have have a shut off valve to the heater and had zero problems.

Reactions: SKELLEY521

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I noticed that there is no protection up front for the radiator a piece of expanded metal up front would be ideal for the people that ride in the woods and it would be a lot easier to clean than the radiator the if that got plugged with mud the fan would still pull air through the radiator. I had one on my rhino it worked great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts