Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its kinda been beat to death but I have a question.

I have a 19 X2 Rspec on the stock 26" tires on the stock aluminum 12" wheels. I don't know how they are going to do this winter here on the farm. My brother in law gave me a nice set of Maxxis Coronado tires. 27x11x14 rears and 27x9x14 fronts. Thet are in real good shape.

I also have a set of 27x11x12 rear and 27x9x12 ITP Mudlite XTR's mounted on the stock Rhino wheels that I bought to run on my Rhino 2 years ago when the mud got really bad during calving season. These will fit on the Wolverine with spacers.

I am wondering what backspace/offset wheel would work with the 14" Maxxis tires on the Wolverine ? I am tempted to get some basic/cheap steel wheels to mount the Maxxis tires on and run them.

I could also mount the ITP's on my stock Wolverine wheels and go that way. The Rhino is running a 14' Vision Buckshot wheel that would work on the X2 also it seems.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The Coronado and the Mudlite appear to be vastly different tires. What's your terrain? What are you trying to do?

https://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-445-110-coronado
Brutal desert terrains are no match for the Coronado's long-wearing compound, formulated for high speeds and high temperatures. The tire's strong 8-ply rated radial carcass soaks up the shock from rocks and sand whoops for ultimate control, and ensures maximum puncture resistance in the face of thorns and sharp rocks.

https://www.itptires.com/our-products/product-detail/mudlite-xtr/
Best Used For: All Terrain, Intermediate Surfaces, Mud, Rocks/Ruts, Snow, Soft Surfaces, Utility ATV

If it were me, where I ride, I would probably put the Mudlites on the X2 OEM 12" wheels. The ITP website says they measure 28" tall. You will sure gain some ground clearance.

If you want to buy wheels to run the 14" tires I think most are using 5+2 offset with spacers. Wait for someone to confirm - they love to correct me. :)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You can run a 5+2 no problem. The front will be about the same width but it will narrow your rear. Spacers will bring the rear back out and you will be close to your stock width.
You can also run a 4+3 or a +10mm offset (which is what I had on my X4) which will keep your rear about the same as your stock rear wheels but widen the front. Again spacers in the rear will bring it back out to an even track but your overall stance will be wider.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You can run a 5+2 no problem. The front will be about the same width but it will narrow your rear. Spacers will bring the rear back out and you will be close to your stock width.
You can also run a 4+3 or a +10mm offset (which is what I had on my X4) which will keep your rear about the same as your stock rear wheels but widen the front. Again spacers in the rear will bring it back out to an even track but your overall stance will be wider. If you don't want to run spacers you can do a 5+2 wheel up front and a 4+3 in the rear and you will be close to the stock width as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I put on a set of ITP Delta steel wheels 14x7 5+2 and mounted up the Coronados on them for now along with some 2 inch spacers in the rear. Turned out good. I will probably switch the Mudlites to aluminium wheels sometime also

Attachments

Reactions: Jeronimo and Paul65

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
OH, you're the guy with THAT bed, LOL. Glad you are happy. I am really looking forward to hearing more from you. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did the 5+2 offset wheels with the 2 inch spacers in the rear maintain the OEM width or very close to it? I've been considering this same setup but trying to stay as close to Factory width as possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wolvymanx4. So if I run 5+2 offset wheels in the front and 4+3 in the rear I could maintain my Factory width (or very close to)? Don't mind keeping the original Front/Rear Tracking and not having to use spacers. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
wolvymanx4. So if I run 5+2 offset wheels in the front and 4+3 in the rear I could maintain my Factory width (or very close to)? Don't mind keeping the original Front/Rear Tracking and not having to use spacers. Thanks.
Yes you will be close. One more thing though. Lots of UTV wheels these days are not accurately described when it comes to their offset so if you want true 5+2 & 4+3 wheels I would call the manufacturer of the wheels that you are interested in and ask if they are true to size. When I bought the wheels for my X4 they were listed everywhere as a 5+2 but when they showed up they were actually a +10mm offset. I wanted to try to stay close to the stock width at that time so almost sent them back but when trying to find a different set I started calling manufacturers and found that the same thing was true about many wheel models out there.

Reactions: X2BLU and Paul65

·
Registered
96 Posts
I run 4+3 upfront and 4+4 in the rear with NO spacers and i am same width front to back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts