Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would still call your dealer. Thee may be a later recall or something. Get the info that you had the issue out to Yamaha. I cannot comment on the aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
there has been a few members have this problem,they replaced mine at 3500 miles on warranty,hopefully they will come up with an upgrade on this issue,but with the machine running so lean I don't see the pipe standing up to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its 109.49 for a new one they said they might good will it but really dont want to take back to the dealer closes one is about hour and half away trying to get hold of customer serv now thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
You can get an OEM head pipe HERE for less than $80 if the dealer decides not to give you the pipe for free. If nothing else it saves you 3 hrs of driving.

As for the HMF being "worth it", I suppose it depends what you are looking for. You cannot run the HMF without a fuel controller of some sort. They offer one, which I have on my machine, that modifies only the fueling. For the cost, you would be further ahead to get the PCV controller from Todd if you choose to get the HMF exhaust. If you are not concerned with adding power, and just want a stock replacement, then get the OEM headpipe, and a tuner from Todd. That would be the safest route for the least money. You can always upgrade the exhaust later if you choose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts