Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or purchased a spare tire mount that is different than the Yamaha branded version?

I kind of like the horizontal mounts like this canam version. This would allow me to have more space in the bed for storage.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
I guess I would be concerned about LOS out the back with that mount-but depends upon how it sits in accordance to the height of the roof too.

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
873 Posts
Excellent topic. I've been thinking of this for a long trip planning for next summer.

So far the idea is to get an aluminum rear hitch carrier (most I see are between 48-52in, 22 deep and 4-5in walls) and mount it over bed. Would be some R/D to determine to mount it so the bed still flips. Or just have legs going straight down with the bed supporting them.
I've seen Wolvies with sidewalls incorporated with more gear mounting options. Almost looks like truck cap. If I do something like that, probably just put the tire in the bed and use the rest of the rack for gear storage.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,213 Posts
there was a post image of a mount with an arm going into the rear 2" Insert of the hitch receiver. (purposely did not use the word Class anything as it doesn't meet any receive Class spec, not even II)

Its easily accessible and removable that was as well as its not needed all the time.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,213 Posts
Here is one from Kimpex. Pricey IMO but its a simple solution.

Reactions: JeffB

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be concerned about LOS out the back with that mount-but de
I agree that LOS is an issue, but I am planning to install a rear camera. I have a rear camera on my X4 and it works pretty well. I switch between Lifetimetrailmaps and the backup camera constantly.

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine RMAX2 1000
156 Posts
I agree that LOS is an issue, but I am planning to install a rear camera. I have a rear camera on my X4 and it works pretty well. I switch between Lifetimetrailmaps and the backup camera constantly.
Will A back up camera work or hook up with the Adventure screen on the new Wolverines? I would love to have a back up camera and a front camera too.

·
Registered
2021 X4
195 Posts
I like that exhaust

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will A back up camera work or hook up with the Adventure screen on the new Wolverines? I would love to have a back up camera and a front camera too.
good question on the adventure pro running the backup camera. I think it will, but I won't know until this weekend. you are supposed to be able to install android apps onto it.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
PXL_20201022_221812466.jpg

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
642 Posts
good question on the adventure pro running the backup camera. I think it will, but I won't know until this weekend. you are supposed to be able to install android apps onto it.
You can't even upload the Google App Store for downloads. It will load some stuff from Amazon app but you can't just install any old Android app from the app store like you normally would with a Android device.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It will load some stuff from Amazon app but you can't just install any old Android app from the app store like you normally would with a Android device.
There is some guy on a forum who said he was able to install LifeTimeTrailMaps. If that is not the case, I'll have to use my Samsung tablet for both these particular maps and the backup camera. Unfortunately the trails I go to are not on the adventure pro. Not sure why.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I use my samsung tablet with backcountry navigator and Bob T maps. Worked great at Hatfield McCoy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is one from Kimpex. Pricey IMO but its a simple solution.

If I run 32's do you think I need the medium (17") or long (19")?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just finished the RMAX4 protoype. The RMAX2 is next. Will post pics as it progresses.
Are you considering an RMAX2 mount that doesn't require mounting to the rear ROPS but instead mounts to the floor? The reason I ask is that many of us want to install the Yamaha rear glass window that actually goes past the top of the bed just a bit.

Here is something a guy did for his X2. Note how he created the mount to slide over to one side but he used the mounting hole layout already in the bed. I'm not sure I'd need the cooler stand but it is interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Are you considering an RMAX2 mount that doesn't require mounting to the rear ROPS but instead mounts to the floor? The reason I ask is that many of us want to install the Yamaha rear glass window that actually goes past the top of the bed just a bit.

Here is something a guy did for his X2. Note how he created the mount to slide over to one side but he used the mounting hole layout already in the bed. I'm not sure I'd need the cooler stand but it is interesting.

View attachment 92744

View attachment 92747
The cooler riser is needed with the Yamaha box. I fight those dang cooler hold downs.
I have other coolers, but my best ones seem to have them.

I thought about building one and using the receiver to hold a rack for different attachments to mount my fuelpax and other items.
That way I can remove it easy when I'm riding local and don't need to pack as much.
Maybe even make the cooler riser a little taller for storage under it also.

I refuse to carry a spare tire. That's 50lbs dead weight that I don't need.

Reactions: Budro2
1 - 20 of 45 Posts