Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I wanted to get on here and let you know that we now have the 2021 Rmax windshield available for order! We have been getting a lot of orders and we’re really excited about our new product! Go to alphawindshields.com to get your ordered today!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
From reading the posts under this video on YouTube, I guess they are working on motorizing the wipers, right now, only manual. I am concerned about the wipers sliding down into view as I ride down bumpy trails with it as it just looks like a knob inside and the pressure of the wiper against the windshield is the only factor holding it up. I'm also hoping they are going to refab the design on the bottom and give a little more glass on it as I don't think too many people will be too concerned about a vent option to be honest.

·
Registered
18 Posts
From reading the posts under this video on YouTube, I guess they are working on motorizing the wipers, right now, only manual. I am concerned about the wipers sliding down into view as I ride down bumpy trails with it as it just looks like a knob inside and the pressure of the wiper against the windshield is the only factor holding it up. I'm also hoping they are going to refab the design on the bottom and give a little more glass on it as I don't think too many people will be too concerned about a vent option to be honest.
I should have looked first deeper at thier website, manual they are. I went through a weekend of that grouse hunting on a buddies Ranger. It was ok at first then got old. It was a solid light rain for two days. I tried to delete my post

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
The vents are open to the cab, correct? I would like them sealed off for winter use, plowing.
Yeah, watch that video I posted above on YouTube-shows you vents at the bottom inside and out.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
The wipers are manual but are sold separately, you can mount a motorized one however. And I’m sorry I don’t know what you mean by a plug kit for winter use.
Will you have any motorized wiper(s) that will be compatible with this windshield on your website in the future and are you also planning on making different variations(glass size, smaller or no vents) of this windshield in the future?

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
700 Posts
Nice looking windshield. Great to see folks jump on board to support the Yamaha machines.

I don't see myself going this route, but I'd want it to fold down like a jeep windshield.

Be cool if it were powder coated blue to match the LE paint.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Oh yeah you can close them very easily. Just has a couple of knobs that you loosen and tighten so you can move the vent in the cab to have them open or closed.
Can you post the dimensions of the glass when you get a chance? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hey everyone I wanted to get on here and let you know that we now have the 2021 Rmax windshield available for order! We have been getting a lot of orders and we’re really excited about our new product! Go to alphawindshields.com to get your ordered today! View attachment 89855
I got to check out one of these at Big Pine Sports earlier today. It is very nice. It was on a white RMAX2 standard edition. It fits very snug up againt the OEM roof. The fit and finish was pretty amazing in my opinion. The vents are easily closable and it actually utilizes Yamahas quick release poly window clamps to mount it. It sits just in front of the rops pillars with just enough gap to still be able to run mirrors like Seizmiks. With the bowing and gapping that the OEM poly windshield has at the roof line I am seriuosly considering upgrading to this one at sometime. I was actually thinking of getting a hold of them to see if they would sell one without the clamps since I can use the ones on my OEM windshield. They are still basically new.

Reactions: Jimbo and Maggot

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine x4 XTR, SuperATV Flip up windshield, soft doors/rear
2 Posts
Can you post the dimensions of the glass when you get a chance? Thanks.
Any news on this? I am curious what the sight picture is like looking out. I want to make a card board mock up before I buy. Looks fantastic, thanks again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts