Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While checking all dust boots I noticed that both front inboard boots didn't have a clamp on the boot towards the differential and the small side did , has anyone else had this problem. the parts diagram shows that there should be one there. My dealer said I must of knocked them off ,but I didn't buy that I thought that they weren't put on when assembled. Any input would be appreciated. THANKS

·
Registered
182 Posts
Seems kinda odd that they would get knocked off without tearing a boot but I guess it could happen. But both of them? Hmm....

·
Registered
718 Posts
Seems odd that both would be gone. I did knock a rear boot clamp off without damaging the boot itself last month.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my concern did water and dirt get into the boots due to the clamp being gone,do the axles need to be disabled to check them? it is very important to that's the machine is put back correctly and not just put new clamps on it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I pulled my axle out and checked it for dirt and water in the joint. I didn't completely tear the joint apart because I didn't see anything in there when I pulled the boot back.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This new wolverine replaced a 10 year Honda Rubicon adventure it was the best move I ever made in 4 wheeling. The ride is the best, great power, and a whole lot safer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
One more thing to check when loaded on the trailer this morning. Have you caught the thread on the rear differentials vent tube coming loose? Added a zip tie around the tube and tail light wires on mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts