Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm the Wolverine uses the same air filter as the Viking? I thought I found info stating that is was the same but can't remember where I saw it at now...

Thanks!

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I kind of wish K&N would come out with one. I know everyone says that a foam filter is about as good as you can get, but cleaning and oiling them is a pain. Never had a problem with the K&N's on any of my other machines.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed a UNI (P/N NU-3265ST) this weekend.

Reactions: atkbike

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got mine on Amazon for $43. Google p/n NU-3265ST. Most sites have it listed for the Viking and not the Wolv yet but its the same filter.

Reactions: Test Master

·
Registered
347 Posts
The oem filter is so dense that I believe it will protect better than aftermarket if that is your concern. It looks like it's made of memory foam.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Is anyone familiar with using the No-Toil brand of air filter. Rocky Mtn. ATV has them for the Wolverine for $13.99, considering as a spare for that price, but was concerned if it is as good as the Uni filter?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is anyone familiar with using the No-Toil brand of air filter. Rocky Mtn. ATV has them for the Wolverine for $13.99, considering as a spare for that price, but was concerned if it is as good as the Uni filter?
That is what I use, and I bought 2 of them and always have one clean and ready to go.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I debated whether to buy one when I bought my uni, but I read some reviews from other makes and models using the No Toil and there were a lot of negative reviews, saying seams came apart, dirt passing through, etc. I didn't want to chance it. I bought the uni and so far so good.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Thanks, FTM. You just don't hear any negative comments about the quality of Uni. The air filter is not something I'm willing to take a chance on. It's one of those things that once you realize you have a problem it is to late and the long term damage has already been done.

Looking like Uni for me.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
The No-Toil filters are designed for one time use. The idea is that you don't have to clean and re oil it, just replace it. I have a UNI in mine, but I have a No-Toil and the stock filter cleaned and oiled in a Zip-Loc bag. I take them both with me when I go on a trip, just in case

·
Registered
98 Posts
I went to clean my air filter on my 2016 R-Spec and what a fiasco. I cannot imagine I am alone, but there was no way to get the foam filter off of the metal wrap-around cage "net" that goes between the plate and the filter. I had to literally peel the filter off in chunks, leaving foam pieces everywhere on the net. It's like the filter was matted into the net.

I can't seem to find any "how to" videos to make this process more idiot proof - so, at risk of "can't fix stupid" is there someone out there who has removed their air filter on their Wolvy without having to destroy the filter? If so, how'd you do it? I now have a new factory filter and a UNI, but now my concern is getting the foam filter back onto the net without tearing it up.

Thank for any input.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts