So I took off my Air filter to clean it and
broke the tabs off taking it apart .
should I buy a oem filter or just buy a
after market one .If so which one .
And am I the only one ever to do this

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
What tabs? The ones on the filter cage? if so, no replacement filter, OEM or aftermarket, will replace that. you would have to replace the cage. Replacement filters would simply be the foam

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
I have not done this, but would like to see pics.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I haven't broken the tabs, but I did take my OEM out to clean it the very first time and the glue came apart at the seams. First time I have ever seen that from a brand new filter...figured I ahd a defective one. You can buy a UNI Filter to replace the OEM, but you may have to buy one for a Viking, not sure who has them for the Wolverine in stock right now. They are the exact same part number though, so it isn't an issue. As for the cage, there are tons of part websites you can get it from cheap. If you have trouble finding it I will send you a link.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I just took mine out last night to clean it. Not sure what tabs you broke. Like they said, sounds like you need a new cage but not sure. If you want an aftermarket filter I like UNI foam filters. See p/n NU-3265ST. I got mine for like $40 on Amazon. They are listed for the Viking but it is the correct one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I should have been more specific . It's the plastic tabs on the cage that holds the foam
filter . And sorry don't know how to send pics . But thanks I think I will get the uni filter.
For now I drilled out the two little round tabs sticking up and tapped them and put
screws in them to hold it together . Thanks for all of the suggestions That's why I
joined the Wolverine forum .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just drill a small hole next to where the tab was and install a screw,washers and a nut. Use some blue Loctite or a nylon nut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts