Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aftermarket YAMAHA OEM Upgraded Front BUMPER compatible with what type of Winch

I have a Super ATV 3500 winch that worked perfect on the standard Front Yamaha Bumper.

Tonight I tried to place the new OEM Yamaha Front Bumper on with the Super ATV winch and it will not fit on it. Does anyone have this upgraded front bumper and do you run a winch with it. Think this is undetected issues Super ATV did not see with this upgraded front bumper from Yamaha.

Let me know thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Superatv is a great company and I'm sure they will make right

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Superatv is a great company and I'm sure they will make right
Maybe I got the wrong person when I called, but didn't provide any true ideas or suggestions. I'm calling Yamaha and also doing research to see if they have a different winch mount they provide for this Bumper. If not I'm going to get the local machine shop to create one to make it work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does not fit in the original mounting bracket holes from a side to side position. The issue is with the new bumper from Yamaha the one brace pushes up against the winch itself causing it not to fit and properly align the original holes on the winch plate.

So basically without providing a picture the release (Red) portion of the winch is hitting a brace on the new yamaha bumper. I can take a picture if you like.

What needs to happen here is a different mounting bracket is needed for this bumper with this particular winch, heck it could mean future winches also when someone runs into the same issues when they upgrade their yamaha bumper.

So now Im just looking at moving the winch to the right of the mounting plate an redrilling a new set of holes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My guess is that you have a wide spool winch ... in yamaha defence they designed the wolverine to use the narrow spool smaller winches they offer in there accessories. I have seen winches on wolverines with the yamaha HD bumper. This is why I guess yours is wide spool

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My guess is that you have a wide spool winch ... in yamaha defence they designed the wolverine to use the narrow spool smaller winches they offer in there accessories. I have seen winches on wolverines with the yamaha HD bumper. This is why I guess yours is wide spool

Yup did some research and its got me by once inch looks like. I got a fix I think that will not require the plate being redrilled. I think I'm going to cut that clutch release down smaller to make up for that space. Its a Super ATV winch btw that I'm dealing with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts