Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am considering a new exhaust,not sure which one to go with.Am leaning toward the Big Gun Exo,seems to be the least loud.All I could find,is ones from Big Gun and HMF.Just wondering if anyone has tried any of the aftermarket exhaust systems and what their opinions are,if any of them actually give any noticeable performance,or if they are just louder.I realize once an exhaust is added,will have to also get a programmer box to go with it.I tried one of the exhaust tips last fall,it did nothing except make the machine loud,pitched it in the trash a half hr later.

·
Administrator
2,188 Posts
Fordtruckman has hmf and a fuel tuner. Yielded 3hp. The exhaust isn't the choke point, it's the head.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Is there a reason you're looking exhaust? Not sure what work you've added but best performance for the dollar is probably a sheave kit.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Am considering a new exhaust,not sure which one to go with.Am leaning toward the Big Gun Exo,seems to be the least loud.All I could find,is ones from Big Gun and HMF.Just wondering if anyone has tried any of the aftermarket exhaust systems and what their opinions are,if any of them actually give any noticeable performance,or if they are just louder.I realize once an exhaust is added,will have to also get a programmer box to go with it.I tried one of the exhaust tips last fall,it did nothing except make the machine loud,pitched it in the trash a half hr later.
If you are looking for performance, and not "sound" as a reason for getting the exhaust, you may want to consider all of your options. If you have money to spend, by all means, get yourself all kinds of goodies. If you are strictly looking for performance, leaving the engine stock and upgrading the sheave would be the best bang for the buck so to speak. I have the full HMF, as previously mentioned, and did gain some power from it, but nothing spectacular. It is only 2db louder than stock, so not very loud at all. If I had to do it again, I would get the PCV with autotune from Hunterworks, the full sheave and slug kit, and the full HMF exhaust. That's about the best you can do for now until someone starts working on the head porting, cams, and intake porting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts