Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the fuel injection exhaust mods. The only mods I have made on machines was when I was younger and you just had to change the jets. I do want my exhaust cooler being I think it could be risky during hunting with all the dead grass around. I was thinking of the hmf full system the qs and the programer to go with it. Just wondering if there is any risks with the fuel programmer that I need to be aware of? Thanks for any info

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I am new to the fuel injection exhaust mods. The only mods I have made on machines was when I was younger and you just had to change the jets. I do want my exhaust cooler being I think it could be risky during hunting with all the dead grass around. I was thinking of the hmf full system the qs and the programer to go with it. Just wondering if there is any risks with the fuel programmer that I need to be aware of? Thanks for any info
The only real risk is if the fuel controller isn't programmed properly. If it is too lean, you are right back at square one. I have the HMF full system, and their respective "Fuel Optimizer", which is a piggy back fuel injection controller made for them by Dobeck. This controller is very basic an only modifies the injection of fuel, not the advance of timing. Honestly, if I had to do it again, now, I would not have gotten the fuel controller from HMF. I would have gotten a PCV with Auto-Tune. This controller offers both fueling and ignition adjustment, and the auto-tune feature allows a true closed loop feedback system with the use of an O2 sensor. The HMF full system has a bung in it already for an O2 sensor to screw right in. There is a vendor on here, Hunterworks, who offers the PCV, and it is by far the best price on the internet for what you get. If you have a stock machine, he offers a good map that is already programmed into the device for you, which would mean you don't need auto-tune. I am not sure if he offers a map for aftermarket exhaust yet or not. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So for the pvc I wouldn't have to do any tuning it would be already mapped for a stock wolverine?

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
So for the pvc I wouldn't have to do any tuning it would be already mapped for a stock wolverine?
Correct. If you left the bike stock it would be plug and play. If you add exhaust, it would lean out the a/f some, so changes might need to be made, however you would be best to speak with Todd at Hunterworks directly. Here is the product page for Wolverine parts. You will see the PCV on the top right.

·
Administrator
2,188 Posts
If you added exhaust onto the Hunterworks pcv, the top end of the map would need to be adjusted slightly. You could pm Tinken on here, he would be able to explain it a little better than I could.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input! Looks cheaper than dropping 7 bills on a full exhaust and programmer to get exhaust temps down. Will do some research.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts