Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New rmax 4. About the third time I took the thing out and put it back in I guess I didn't get the left bottom all the way in and it now is stuck and won't come out. Any advise before I get completely annoyed and simply rip it out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it out! I took off the bezel, pulled on one side, which was loose and the reason it wasn't coming out. Slid a screw driver in, continued to pull and crack, it popped out. Doesn't seem any worse for the wear and is working fine. Poor design. but oh well!

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
687 Posts
Ya , they aren't built for "std public use" .. lol

You need a degree in finesse and delicacy. You really have to pay attention or this is a common problem for many others. I think everyone jams it at least once.

The design works , but only if 100% accuracy is used.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2 XTR
65 Posts
Mine goes in and out easily. I guess I got lucky.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Find a video, that shows the cradle. You'll see the latch, which needs to be pushed back (I used a twisting motion with a large flat blade screwdriver, between the latch, and the back of the ancient tablet), while pressing the non-functioning "release button". ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any of you with a stuck one know how to use a slim jim? Better yet, any of you know what I'm talking about? You can make your own out of very thin aluminum or steel to slide behind the AV and pop the hook loose.
I tried an old credit card 1st, then a plastic auto trim tool. Neither were stiff enough to twist it apart. The latch needs to be pressed back, into the cradle. I suppose driving a thin peice of metal between could work, but may be more likely to damage something.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Guys, I don’t know if mine is good and yours is bad. I’m not judging according to mine.
I read about sticky buttons and the cure right out of the gate at the release of the Rmax. If it has any value, when you have it out, be sure to lube the button. I used the recommended Tinkseal which I put a lot of stock in from personal experience.
Even after it’s gone it leaves the plastic slick. Every time I do have it out, which is rare, I lube it again. Never an issue with mine.
I will say I have tried to install it incorrectly and had a bit of trouble. When the bottom is in place correctly, it pops in place and latch’s smoothly. I have forced it to latch when not correct and it is a bit difficult to get back out.
Be careful installing it. Getting it right is splitting hairs. Lube the button every chance you can.
Im not certain if some are better than others but it’s my personal hunch that most issues are operator error.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Guys, I don’t know if mine is good and yours is bad. I’m not judging according to mine.
I read about sticky buttons and the cure right out of the gate at the release of the Rmax. If it has any value, when you have it out, be sure to lube the button. I used the recommended Tinkseal which I put a lot of stock in from personal experience.
Even after it’s gone it leaves the plastic slick. Every time I do have it out, which is rare, I lube it again. Never an issue with mine.
I will say I have tried to install it incorrectly and had a bit of trouble. When the bottom is in place correctly, it pops in place and latch’s smoothly. I have forced it to latch when not correct and it is a bit difficult to get back out.
Be careful installing it. Getting it right is splitting hairs. Lube the button every chance you can.
Im not certain if some are better than others but it’s my personal hunch that most issues are operator error.
I used the same spray silicon that I put on all the rubber components, when I get a new machine. Doesn't attract dirt. A good dry lube would probably work best.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I used the same spray silicon that I put on all the rubber components, when I get a new machine. Doesn't attract dirt. A good dry lube would probably work best.
It’s my belief that any lube or dry lube last as long as it is in place, even though some are better at not attracting dust.
Tinkseal will get into the the material itself and will still be doing the job even after it’s washed off the surface. It’s truly an amazing product. Put it on and work the button over and over. I’m a sceptic of most stuff but it’s legit IMO.
If you want the best for your Cvt service down the road you’ll need some anyway.

Reactions: Desertdweller67

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Never had mine stuck, just the opposite, I can no longer get it to lock in. The hook just pushes in rather you push the button or not. The benzel keeps it in place though. Yamaha told my dealer they would replace it but that's been months now and no mount has showed up. It's possible the latch broke but I was lucky and it happened opposite of most other's experience (Desertdweller67 excluded) but I think the plastic within is just weak.

·
Premium Member
2021 Rmax4 LE.
509 Posts
Never had mine stuck, just the opposite, I can no longer get it to lock in. The hook just pushes in rather you push the button or not. The benzel keeps it in place though. Yamaha told my dealer they would replace it but that's been months now and no mount has showed up. It's possible the latch broke but I was lucky and it happened opposite of most other's experience (Desertdweller67 excluded) but I think the plastic within is just weak.
Once again you and I are in the same boat. Mine is in the same state. I posted this before but I'll say it again. I was so put off by the reviews on the AP that I bought a tablet for gps.....and more. The AP was not removed for months, until it quit charging. Then I went through all of the suggestions including lots of "english, cajoling and finess", finally I realized I needed a hammer! I took a small block of wood, placed it on the button and pulled from the bottom while tapping the button with the hammer. Yes, I have three hands. I thought it would break but it popped right out. Now the button has seized but the bezel keeps it in well. Budro2 is exactly right. Lube it with Tinkseal and remove and clean often.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts