Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a "universal" set of seat sliders yesterday. Ordered from Summit Racing, here. It required fair amount of drilling, some bending and cussing, but nothing a few hours and several beers couldn't conquer. Here are some pictures from the process.

I purchased socket head cap screws because there is about no other way to make it work. You just can't get any tools in there to tighten the fasteners. Also, I installed the seat guides first to line up the handle, then removed them as one assembly. I then installed them on the upside down seat frame, and then installed that whole assembly back in the wolverine. It was a pain, but now I can adjust it anywhere I want without removing bolts.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FTM looks good, was there a lot of bending involved to make them fit ? or did they lay down flat over the stock mounting location?
Thanks. No bending required on slides themselves, only drilling. I put a single flat washer underneath the slides at each bolt hole to give a little clearance over some of the factory plastic trim. The handle was a little more than an inch too wide. I held it between my knees and bent it inward a few inches, then stuck an Allen key in the tube at each end and bent the angle open a little wider until it fit on the slides. I used the dead blow hammer to install it all the way onto the slides. It is a nice tight fit, no worry of coming loose. If I did it again I might have gone up one size in drill bits for the clearance holes, and bought more of the 20mm long bolts. The 25mm ones were a tight squeeze. Over all, it is definitely worth the effort to install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.