Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently installed a hard cab on my X2. I love the look and weather protection of the cab but it is really loud inside, I was expecting it to be quieter but seeing where the engine is it makes sense that it would be louder.

Has anyone added automotive sound deadening to it before?

Im looking at getting some kilmat and adding it underneath where I can, then adding kilmat to the interior under the seats and up the back to the back window, after adding that I was going to cover it with black marine carpet for a finished looked and to help with the echo inside. If that helps at all Ill probably do the roof too. All in all should only be about $100 in material just a lot of work to take it all apart and install.

Even if it cuts the noise down by 20 percent it will be worth it. Anything over 30 I have to crank the radio and then after a short ride feels like I was at a rock concert.

If no one has done this maybe Ill be the guinea pig.

Reactions: UPNORTH and Paul65

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
I don't recall hearing of this before. Most discussions are about eliminating heat, not so much about the noise. Have fun and keep us posted!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just finished part one of this process and I have to say it did make a huge difference in noise levels, its still loud but you can know have a normal conversation and dont have to max out the radio to hear when driving at higher speeds. If you keep it at 10-15 its really not bad at all. I have a few pics ill post later but here is what I did.

I bought a sound deadening material (Kilmat) and stuck that down first, I did under the seats and up the back right to the rear window enclosure. I also did as much as I could on the underside of the center console. I put a 1/4' foam sound mat (dynamat) over the Kilmat. Finally I added carpet just over the rear and behind the console.

My next step is adding foam and carpet to the roof, I decided not to add the deadening material because Im just trying to soften the interior echo and the deadening material is not made for that

Have to be honest, this was a tedious process and took longer than expected but was worth it.

Next thing I have to fix is the shaking at 30-35 mph....

Reactions: Paul65 and Jeronimo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts