Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was able to confirm yesterday that this 4 prong plug located with the rest of the pre wired accessory plugs indeed feeds power to the plug behind the rear passenger fender.

If anyone can verify that the RMAX2 has the same connectors up front and in back it should work the same and I will edit the thread title and ad RMAX2.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The plugs power configuration is as shown below.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,153 Posts
So there is actual power on this plug as it sits, or it needs to be fed to bring power to the rear?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If it's not hot, just wiring to the rear, why could it not be used for signals as well?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran out of Corsa pins (more are on the way. lol) or I would have used a couple to make a jumper but I had the dash open already installing my interior footwell lighting so I went ahead and just twisted some wire real tight and shoved it in and jumped btween the positive and load wires. I checked it unconnected and connected twice to make sure and that rear plug shows 12V when connected every time. This is going to make things really easy for those like myself adding lights to thei rear bumper or other location in the rear.

Reactions: Jimbo

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I ran out of Corsa pins (more are on the way. lol) or I would have used a couple to make a jumper but I had the dash open already installing my interior footwell lighting so I went ahead and just twisted some wire real tight and shoved it in and jumped btween the positive and load wires. I checked it unconnected and connected twice to make sure and that rear plug shows 12V when connected every time. This is going to make things really easy for those like myself adding lights to thei rear bumper or other location in the rear. View attachment 92776 View attachment 92777
So it's not live then, just 4 wires to the rear?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it's not live then, just 4 wires to the rear?
No. Only 2 wires to the rear. Positive and negative. They do not become hot until power is channeled properly from the front 4 prong plug. The plug has one positive that will go through your rocker switch and then return to the rear of the RMAX through the load wire. The other positive and negative are for the light in the rocker switch. Most rocker switches will not require use of that second positive wire but the OEM Yamaha kit must be designed that way.

Reactions: Maggot and Jimbo

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Gotcha, thanks!

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
873 Posts
I'm usually pretty switched on (pun) with this sort of stuff. But I'm a little confused.

Is there a second connector at the other fender and that's where the other + wire is going too.
I'm thinking signal lights...

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm usually pretty switched on (pun) with this sort of stuff. But I'm a little confused.

Is there a second connector at the other fender and that's where the other + wire is going too.
No. There is only one on the passenger side. I have not taken the fender off of my driver side in the rear but I have seen pictures of other people that have and did not notice any extra plug like on the passenger side. The factory Yamaha light kit for the rear bumper is flood lights not indicators this is why they only have the one plug.

Reactions: Maggot and Jimbo

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

I believe just the LOAD wire and GRND go to the rear pass fender as shown in his photo diagram, and assume ignition ON power is already present in TWO of the positives, 1 for IG on switch lighting, the other to power a switch.

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe just the LOAD wire and GRND go to the rear pass fender as shown in his photo diagram, and assume ignition ON power is already present in TWO of the positives, 1 for IG on switch lighting, the other to power a switch.
Here is the schematic that a guy posted on one of the FB groups that made me want to physically check it and confirm which plugs the schematic actually represented.

Reactions: Jimbo and Maggot

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ran out of Corsa pins (more are on the way. lol) or I would have used a couple to make a jumper but I had the dash open already installing my interior footwell lighting so I went ahead and just twisted some wire real tight and shoved it in and jumped btween the positive and load wires. I checked it unconnected and connected twice to make sure and that rear plug shows 12V when connected every time. This is going to make things really easy for those like myself adding lights to thei rear bumper or other location in the rear. View attachment 92776 View attachment 92777
Which pins do you need for the connectors? Do you know if there a harness that we can get from Yamaha that includes the connectors and rocker switch? I did a search and couldn’t find anything. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Which pins do you need for the connectors? Do you know if there a harness that we can get from Yamaha that includes the connectors and rocker switch? I did a search and couldn’t find anything. Thanks
No. I don't think you can get the harness from Yamaha. It only comes with their light kit which is $$$. Like $250 I think. I bought a set of LED's from amazon that were only $20 and a rocker for like $4. I actually ran the same lights in my X4's rear bumper and they were great. Perfect fit. As far as the pins go I'm 99.9% sure that the connector uses the Sumitomo pins like all of the other accessory plugs. I looked up the plug on their site to check and thats what it said. I'll let you know. I'm off work Friday so weather permitting and my new supply of pins is delivered tomorrow like they're supposed to be I plan getting mine installed.Sumitomo MT HM HW Sealed Motorsport Motorcycle Connectors - Corsa Technic

The mounting brackets for the lights were chrome so I had them powder coated gray to match my RMAX

Reactions: TN_Max

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I got my rear bumper flood lights installed today using the OEM pre-wired circuit. It was super simple. The Sumitomo pins that we all use in the other pre-wired accessory plugs are used for these connectors as well. 5 are required. 3 on the front plug and 2 for the rear one. Being that the rocker switches most of us buy come with jumper wires there is no need to use the second hot wire on the 4 prong plug up front. I will save that one for another rocker switch. Especially since I've used up all of the pre-wired accessory plugs already. Pretty easy install really. The most time consuming part of it is opening everything up and then closing it. I feel sorry for the sucker that rides my ass at night. HaHaHa.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts