Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have been bitten by the SxS bug recently and have decided to try out the Wolverine as my first UTV. I was initially hung up on the Kawi, but the seat position just wasn't good for me and the style riding I am looking at. I like the RZR and Commander, but the price just isn't justified when I look at some of the issues on other forums. My only real stumbling block on the Yami is that this is the first year of production, and being a dealer tech myself, I always preach to avoid the first year of the new model while they work the bugs out. However, I am willing to take the chance based on reliability of the brand and the price point for what you get. Sure, it might be a little behind the curve overall, but for the trails we ride, it should fit the bill. Already scoping out Hunterworks' sheave and slug kit, most likely going to do those two together at the first oil change. No plans for bigger tires as we don't mud as much as we do whoops and tighter wooded trails, but that HMF pipe and a power commander will likely be the second round of mods.

I have not purchased a rig yet, but the plan is to do the deed at the first of the year. I am hanging up my street bike gear for a family friendly hobby that seems much safer, at least around here. In the stable is also a 2013 Rancher, 2004 Dazon Raider and parts being gathered for a scratch built 2 seater buggy most likely powered by a street bike engine or larger sport quad engine(600cc+).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buggies are actually my passion, but certain logistical and educational restrictions don't allow the time or room to start and complete that project. Plus, two weeks ago I had the chance to drive a Commander X in Ocala, and pretty much fell in lust with the thing. It is sacrilegious in the buggy scene to give in to the SxS craze, but I won't tell them if you won't, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts