Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching Abernathy's pricing on the Wolverine for some time now. For the 2016 R-Spec Eps their original price was $11,794 and about 4 weeks ago they reduced that price to $11,594 for the Eps blue and green units plus $36 for registration, as the total out the door price. I looked at their prices again today and noticed that Abernathy's went up $600 on all Wolverine models, wonder what is up?

I was about ready to pull the trigger on the Wolverine, but with this price increase and for what the new Honda P1003 with EPs can probably be bought for from dealers that deeply discount them, I now question if the Wolverine is as good of a value when compared to the Honda P1003 w/ Eps since it has a 1000 engine, 3 seater, 1,000 lb. bed capacity, 2,000 lb. towing capacity, dump bed, tilt wheel, turff mode, 6 speed paddle shift w/ Hi & Low range, shaft drive, and a 1 year warranty.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Think the price went up because of the Fox Shocks they are now coming with. Not certain.

I like Honda's. Still have a 98 300ex in the garage that still runs great. I would test drive the Honda and then the Wolverine. Sometimes, one just feels better than the other. Look them both over to see which one fits you better. If you get the Honda, definitely let us know how you like it. I ride with a guy that drives the heck out of a P500 and it's held up very well.

·
Super Moderator
468 Posts
They upped the price by $600 but you get $1000 of Yamaha accessories free according the the banner ad on the home page, so in reality they dropped the price another $400..

The P 500 doesn't have enough power to tear itself up.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
They upped the price by $600 but you get $1000 of Yamaha accessories free according the the banner ad on the home page, so in reality they dropped the price another $400..

The P 500 doesn't have enough power to tear itself up.
Doesn't have to be high speed to tear itself up. It's been on it's side many times. LOL He'll hit any mud hole may not make it but he'll give it hell. Haven't seen 1 polaris or 1 maverick go through half of what that's been through and still running like a top. Well, i have seen one Polaris do that but it's forever waiting on parts. Hey, I know the P500 suspension sucks, it's power sucks but the damn thing won't quit.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Somehow spending more money ($600) to save some money doesn't pass the smell test and I feel sure the Yamaha accessories are at full retail price now. Looks more like games used Car Salemans play, no offense to the good ones.

·
Super Moderator
468 Posts
I figured one up a few days ago with accessories I would probably want anyway, windshield, rear window, fender flares, rear box, might have been something else, don't remember, and it looked like an okay deal to me. Beats paying list like you do at most dealers.

JMHO

·
Banned
420 Posts
Think the price went up because of the Fox Shocks they are now coming with. Not certain.

I like Honda's. Still have a 98 300ex in the garage that still runs great. I would test drive the Honda and then the Wolverine. Sometimes, one just feels better than the other. Look them both over to see which one fits you better. If you get the Honda, definitely let us know how you like it. I ride with a guy that drives the heck out of a P500 and it's held up very well.
I know in Canada you can Fox shocks or Kyb. Are they now available in the US ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Pioneer 700-2 and had my eyes on a Wolverine until Honda announced the P3-1000. It will suit my needs much better starting with 3 passengers and a big dump bed. Of course it's a lot more money that I don't like. If I didn't need a work vehicle for the farm the Wolverine is nice for the money.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You won't be sorry with the ride or the performance of the wolverine. The wide stance will keep you vertical

·
Banned
420 Posts
Kyb better ?

·
Banned
504 Posts
I have ridden and driven a friend's Wolvy so I knew I would like it. For the hills of southern WV it's about perfect.
Kayaba makes shocks and struts for most every application in the world.
They seem to have gotten it right for the Wolverine.
I have never ridden a manufacturer spec'ed Fox shock that was suitable for it's application.

C

·
0 Posts
Just drove up from Atlanta to Abernathy's and purchased my new Wolverine R Spec! They beat everybody in Atlanta's price and the customer service was great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got a new Green R spec eps from Abernathy's last night! I got the YES warranty, winch, and windshield out the door for 13229 minus my state tax! That is $1000. cheaper than anywhere in KY! Very friendly people, a little disorganized though! I ready to thrash the woods this weekend!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just got a new Green R spec eps from Abernathy's last night! I got the YES warranty, winch, and windshield out the door for 13229 minus my state tax! That is $1000. cheaper than anywhere in KY! Very friendly people, a little disorganized though! I ready to thrash the woods this weekend!
Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
both will need upgrade dual rate springs after a few thousand miles
the stockers fatigue rapidly
I have lost almost 2'' of clearance on my kyb shocks and am still working on warranty on them,dealer wants to look at them again when they fix my header pipe whenever all parts arrive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have lost almost 2'' of clearance on my kyb shocks and am still working on warranty on them,dealer wants to look at them again when they fix my header pipe whenever all parts arrive.
We all like to add a lot of weighty accessories (winch, windshield, full cabs, thicker bumpers, spare tire, extra battery, etc). Do you think the total weight of these acc. would compress shocks and decrease clearance?

We spend time on paved roads to access trails and I noticed the tire lugs are wearing down and might be decreasing clearance. Could all these small things be adding up to a loss of clearance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Honda's are nice and run great, but I like the wolverine because it can fit through narrow trees. My father is buying a pioneer 1000 but ill still kick his butt on the trails.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts