Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the 4 wheel and diff lock on the RMAX2. Took the bike out on its first trip kinda playing with everything. When I switched the knob into 4wheel drive it went fine when i went to diff lock I got the blinking light and it reduced power. . I would then come to a complete stop put it in diff lock and had to bump the gas alittle for it to engage. Is this the way its suppose to work . I am guessing this isnt a shift of the fly wheel drive

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Shift on the fly 4WD, but Front Differential lock needs to be activated/deactivated when fully stopped.
I rock the steering wheel back and forth a few times usually works for me 90% of the time. Throttle bump if that doesn't work.
It's the same on the X machines as the RMAX as far as I've heard, so some tips/tricks in the X section apply.

If you shift 4wd on the fly it should engage right away. Sometimes disengaging I let off the throttle for a second and it works every time.
I think it's in the X2/X4 section also.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I started figuring it out through out the day. I didnt try turning the wheels side to side . I only had one problem when I went into a mud hole in two wheel drive and when i had to get into diff lock i could not get it to engage cause i was kind of stuck in one place.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you read your manual on it you will find it pretty much says what skelley said. I always come to a stop and put it in neutral and do the same procedure as skelley. Best to do it before you get stuck too LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Ya do it before. Not on the side of a steep hill and bouncing on tree roots. That’s Not the time to TRY and engage Diff Lock. Figure all that shit out before you need it then engage before you need it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine is the same. I usually shift into low, reverse and back to low again and it locks every time. One weird thing is one time (i don't use it very often) when it was already in loc i got a reduced power surge. I think i was turning but not sure.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
What Skelly and Paul said!
And then if you really want it to be simple smooth and trouble free when conditions and terrain allow, do it while coasting, foot off the throttle 3-5 mph and oscillating the wheel back and forth slightly. Shifts like butter in and out!

Oh boy, now I’ve opened a can of worms, here we go! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts