Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

30x8.5x14 black mamba lites

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Cuyose 
#1 ·
Does anyone on the forum run these tires. I'm really wanting to get some but i want to know if they are a true 30 inches tall and if yall have any power loss turning the tires. The tires i currently have are the interco interforce 30x8x14 and weigh 33 lbs where as the mamba lites weight 45 lbs. I dont mind a little rubbing i can solve that with a the highlifter 3 1/2 inch lift i just dont want to notice a big power loss.

4 New Interco 30x8 5 14 30 8 5 14 Black Mamba Lite 6 Ply ATV Mud Tire Set | eBay

#2 ·
Does anyone on the forum run these tires. I'm really wanting to get some but i want to know if they are a true 30 inches tall and if yall have any power loss turning the tires. The tires i currently have are the interco interforce 30x8x14 and weigh 33 lbs where as the mamba lites weight 45 lbs. I dont mind a little rubbing i can solve that with a the highlifter 3 1/2 inch lift i just dont want to notice a big power loss.

4 New Interco 30x8 5 14 30 8 5 14 Black Mamba Lite 6 Ply ATV Mud Tire Set | eBay
I don't think you will notice a huge power loss compared to what you are currently running. The weight of the tire has less to do with the loss of acceleration and performance than the diameter of the tire. Since they are the same diameter, you shouldn't see much difference.

On another note, there is no way I would even consider running those tires without slugging the wet clutch and running an aftermarket sheave. You are asking for a smoked clutch that way. I don't know if you are still stock or not but if you are, I would seriously consider clutch mod's before it's too late and you are buying new clutch plates.

#6 ·
Well i'm running 30 inch tires right now and i had 28 inch terms on there before and i had zero problems with them other than with the terms i did have a little trouble turning them but i was in some real serious thick clay peanut butter like mud and they were 10 inches wide. Not saying im not strongly considering doing what y'all Augustus but whats the worst that would happen if i didn't apply what y'all suggested.

#9 ·
30" tires are pretty tough to pull on a Rhino. Now we have a vehicle which is heavier, puts out +10hp more and has the same size cvt clutch/belt as the Rhino. Had Yamaha produced a secondary just 12mm larger in diameter, there would be no problem with tire size used. Slugging your wet clutch is the first mod you should consider when adding larger than stock tires to the Wolverine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.