Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looking forward to the pics. They look good on Epic's machine but I would like to see what they look like in black.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
image.jpg

Any day now... Got a "truck crashed on the Alcan Highway" story from the dealer. Really missed them this weekend, my winch got a good workout though... Maybe to much....?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Looked at the weight on those tires. Man they are heavy. Would definitely slug the clutch before trying to run those.

Terminator
28x10x12 = 48

Terminator
28x10x14 = 44
28x12x14 = 46

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cranked the springs up today. Still rubbing. Not by much though. I am sitting at 13" of clearance now! That has been my only complaint. Even on dry trails the constant pounding the skid plate was taking, was getting old...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wish I knew! Not going to be able to find out for another week, unless I sneak in a day ride! Schedule is taking me out of state.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well that just sucks, but I know the feeling. I haven't ridden mine in almost a month..smh..

I was looking at video on YouTube and came across the high lifter slinging mud video, and I wondered how the terms were doing. I can say my 28in mud lite are a night and day difference in mud and added ground clearance is a win. I expect the terms to be badd a$$.. My initial thought is the power loss without clutch work, but I think if you drop it in 4wd or diff lock before the hole and gas it, it will chew through the mud. Well keep is posted :)

Oh! And inflate to 12+ psi don't go by the recommended 8-10psi they will come off the bead in a bind... We found this out the hard way on my friends ranger. I think his at 12-14 psi now without problem

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that just sucks, but I know the feeling. I haven't ridden mine in almost a month..smh..

I was looking at video on YouTube and came across the high lifter slinging mud video, and I wondered how the terms were doing. I can say my 28in mud lite are a night and day difference in mud and added ground clearance is a win. I expect the terms to be badd a$$.. My initial thought is the power loss without clutch work, but I think if you drop it in 4wd or diff lock before the hole and gas it, it will chew through the mud. Well keep is posted :)

Oh! And inflate to 12+ psi don't go by the recommended 8-10psi they will come off the bead in a bind... We found this out the hard way on my friends ranger. I think his at 12-14 psi now without problem
Thanks for the heads up on psi! ����

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm curious to know how much power loss you guys have with the heavier tires. I ordered some 27" pittbull growlers on sti hd3's and I'm hoping it's not going to be too heavy. I'll eventually get a jbs sheave but it may be a few months till I do.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Couldn't stand it.. looks like a good muddy weekend. Ordered the Mega Mayhems today. Will see how fast Rockymountain can get them here. Everyone will have some more wheel/tire pictures to see.

Oh, Rockymountian has a powercommander V for the wolverine in stock. Was thinking about getting it but don't even have a pipe yet.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but what exactly does the power commander do? Increase fuel to the engine?
How much performance do you think one would give?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Powercommander does fuel, ignition and rev limit. Basically does it all :D Have an AEM EMS for a turbo car I built and it's like a mini one of those. There is also a wideband tuner you can get that can autotune for you. And a display to watch your engine functions in real time. RPM, TPS, MAP/MAF if it had it and A/F ratio.

Wouldn't mind getting it just to richen up the decel to stop the little pop and also up the Rev limit a few hundred RPM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the exact same set up as you. I cranked my shocks up and still get a little rub especially when two people riding. Cant wait for someone to come out with a 2 inch lift. I run in low most of the time and don't have any problem with the clutch. One flat roads run in high and it does fine. Get in the high 40s with the terminators but it gets a little squirly at high speeds. What did you do to the shock adjustments to help out. I cant figure out what to turn or what not to turn.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts