Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m new to the forum and new to SxS’s. I have always had 4 wheelers and they have always been Honda or Yamaha and the fit and finish has always been perfect. Recently I purchased a 2023 wolverine x2 r-spec and when I was tilting the bed to the normal position I noticed the front corner plastics were hitting the plastics on the cab on the passenger side. It is brand new with only 7 km on it. It looks like the bed is on crooked. Is there and adjustment to align this up? Maybe this is a known problem. I’m unsure. Just doesn’t seem right
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Hood Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Registered
2023 X2 SE
75 Posts
Never heard of that. Does the dump box operate up and down smoothly and not wiggle about? Does it lock in the down position properly? It pivots on 2 pins underneath. Are the pins in there? Are the pin gussets broke off? Is any of the plastics mentioned appear bent or damaged:

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of that. Does the dump box operate up and down smoothly and not wiggle about? Does it lock in the down position properly? It pivots on 2 pins underneath. Are the pins in there? Are the pin gussets broke off? Is any of the plastics mentioned appear bent or damaged:
The box works like it should going up but when lowering it down you have to give it a good slam because the plastics on the side of the box hits the other plastics. The pins are in place and there doesn’t appear to be no damage at all but the panels don’t line up like the way you would think they would on a brand new machine. I think I need to call the dealer. There might be a factory issue here

· Registered
2023 X2 SE
75 Posts
If I'm looking at it right appears this piece with the red arrow (below image) is sticking out to the right on passenger side. If so no idea how it could get like that. Is the circled bolt in place there? Compare to drivers side. The dealers move these about the yard with forklifts. Could have damaged it? All I can think of. Shouldn't be like that brand new from dealer.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I'm looking at it right appears this piece with the red arrow (below image) is sticking out to the right on passenger side. If so no idea how it could get like that. Is the circled bolt in place there? Compare to drivers side. The dealers move these about the yard with forklifts. Could have damaged it? All I can think of. Shouldn't be like that brand new from dealer.
View attachment 108978
All the bolt are there and are tight. That plastic is sticking out. I’m going to reach my dealer today and see what they say

· Registered
3 Posts
Hey sorry to hear Yamaha are still supplying RMAX products with misaligned dump boxes see my post on rmax2 dump box misalignment it identifies the problem and that's where I ended as I had it back to my dealer who was excellent and referred my issue to Yamaha Canada. Yamaha Canada thanked me for bringing this to their attention and confirmed that it was in fact a problem with several RMAX2 1000 units they had available to measure the (welded fixed dump box hinge bracket) the brackets 2 are out of square and are causing the misalignment on my unit (exactly what I had told them) If you read my original post I have OEM Glass Rear Window and the box rubs on the plastic when closing and the gap is so close that I can't install the plastic shroud (Passenger Side).
So It wasn't long they reached out to myself and my dealer and said they have a fix They sent me a couple of different size bolts and 2 clip nuts ( They suggested that I take the lower brackets off rear of the roll cage that attaches to the back window plastics and turn it backwards as to what the instructions state and this would draw the back window in and allow the proper room for the door shroud to be mounted) Long story Short this did not work) So I opted not to keep the solid OEM glass doors.
I didn't go back to the dealer I just advised Yamaha Canada that the bolts didn't fit properly and stripped in the clip nut they supplied me, they in turn said that quite a bit of Jimmying had to be done to get it to fit properly and this was a temporary fix, I had no reply to that as I knew the problem was in the alignment of the welded on hinge brackets on the rear of the Rmax frame.
Presently I was just waiting to see If anyone else had the same problem then I came across your post ( If you hadn't driven it Return the Rmax and request a new machine).
I hope this helps !

· Registered
2023 yamaha wolverine x2 850 r-spec
4 Posts
When I was picking mine up from the dealership yesterday, mine was rubbing on the black plastic piece on passenger side ,just behind the r spec decal, it wouldn't even shut, they readjusted it, but I still have to slam it ,so it doesn't pop open

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, I just got mine back from the dealer on Friday. It's better than what it was. They had to readjust the plastics and also cut some of the plastic away. I still have to give it a fairly good slam to close it. They readjusted the tail gate too but again takes a good slam to latch. It rattles pretty bad when idling. Mainly the handle vibrates, I can fix that myself. I think this is a factory flaw from Yamaha. I have many Yamaha's and the quality is very good. I know its an off road vehicle but I don't think you should have to shave plastic and fix rattles on day 1.

· Registered
2022 x2 850 rspec 1mile 2019 honda passport touring 07 grizz 660
462 Posts
Ahhh id call yamaha cutting plastic not a good fix . Not saying ur dealer is bad but id lose my mind if they cut my 17k machine up for a factory issue or give me 1000 cash back or free 3 yrs of svc just the thought of them doin that is giving me anxiety

· Rock Crawler
3,953 Posts
Hey guys, I just got mine back from the dealer on Friday. It's better than what it was. They had to readjust the plastics and also cut some of the plastic away. I still have to give it a fairly good slam to close it. They readjusted the tail gate too but again takes a good slam to latch. It rattles pretty bad when idling. Mainly the handle vibrates, I can fix that myself. I think this is a factory flaw from Yamaha. I have many Yamaha's and the quality is very good. I know its an off road vehicle but I don't think you should have to shave plastic and fix rattles on day 1.
Completely unacceptable. Both cases I’ve followed on this are undoubtedly the hinge point welded on incorrectly. If they don’t make it right, they should at least compensate you in some way.
If it was mine, I’d cut the hinge point off the frame and weld it back on properly. It may not be factory paint after but touching up paint long term would beat the aggravation and continuing annoyance.

Yamaha may still be one of the most reliable units out there but every time I hear of something like this it infuriates me. Sure mistakes happen in business but what do you do as a company about those mistake? I personally wouldn’t let it go. I’d make every attempt to go beyond your dealer to Yamaha corp. but in the end they’ll likely show you how much they suck as usual since they already have your money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts