2021 RMAX4 1000
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Yamaha will be announcing 2022 models on September 15th

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4 XTR
158 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing a 50" side by side. I've been considering hanging it up with ATVs, just looking for the right trail sxs and I'm probably going to get stuck with a RZR trail ultimate because the options are limited.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
545 Posts
Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
'18 Viking, '19 Wolverine R-spec.
35 Posts
I own 2 Yamaha side x side machines: an '18 Viking and a '19 Wolverine. I don't need 2 machines, but I use the Viking more due to it being more versatile as a "work" machine on the ranch and I love the 2 cylinder engine of the Wolverine. If Yamaha would ever decide to put the 2 cylinder engine in the Viking while keeping the Viking pretty much as it is, I would consider going back to owning just 1 machine. On the Viking, I love the pre-drilled/threaded holes on the bed rails. I have made several home-built accessories that I attach via the threaded holes. One thing I don't like on the Viking is that it will not go slow enough for me to properly spray; it wants to jump between 1mph and 4 mph and I need to spray at 3mph. The constant back and forth is not a good thing.

Reactions: Viking2020

·
Registered
390 Posts
I own 2 Yamaha side x side machines: an '18 Viking and a '19 Wolverine. I don't need 2 machines, but I use the Viking more due to it being more versatile as a "work" machine on the ranch and I love the 2 cylinder engine of the Wolverine. If Yamaha would ever decide to put the 2 cylinder engine in the Viking while keeping the Viking pretty much as it is, I would consider going back to owning just 1 machine. On the Viking, I love the pre-drilled/threaded holes on the bed rails. I have made several home-built accessories that I attach via the threaded holes. One thing I don't like on the Viking is that it will not go slow enough for me to properly spray; it wants to jump between 1mph and 4 mph and I need to spray at 3mph. The constant back and forth is not a good thing.
Did your Viking have the same 1-4mph issue with the stock clutch? Mine is still stock and I don’t have that issue. Have you considered a slug kit for it? Or a Throttle Max?

Reactions: TN_Max

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: Hahny and atkbike

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So this is interesting. I hadn't been to Yamahas website in a while but a second ago I thought I'd check to see if there was anything new that might be alluding to the 2022's yet and found this. This is the web page for what used to be the standard model RMAX4. Look like it is no longer considered the standard model but the R-spec RMAX4. I don't know when they did this but I like it. I now have an R-spec.😊👍👍👍
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here they are....

Reactions: dustywolverine

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks like some bold new colors. I see they are starting to include the roof with the X4 now and also a rear view mirror.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I’ll stick with my 21 Green XT-R. Those new colors suck. No Camo yet either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nothing new for the Viking except the color of the Ranch model ☹

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XTR
26 Posts
Those white and black colors make my Ok State self love them because those look like orange accents instead of the normal red. If I’m wrong and they are red then yes InfidelMT you are right.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Nice that they're finally adding beadlocks..at least on one of them..
The 2 seat XT-R and Sport models both do but none of tne 4 seaters.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
White LE all the way. Tired of everything being black and the murder out work truck look. Sorry, I'm old but all the black wheels and trim were on the cheap trucks when I grew up. Only thing better for the LE would be full chrome or polished aluminum wheels and some ghost flames like my 2011 Rhino had. Wish the white would have been available in 2021 RMAX4 like it was for the RMAX2 even if it would have been a base.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts