Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was installing my skid plates and A arm guards today and noticed the huge gap in the passenger side rear door
Peripheral Input device Comfort Finger Eyewear
Netbook Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Computer

compared to the drivers side rear door
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Grille Vehicle
Hand Hood Automotive design Gesture Finger

curious how to adjust this gap or if it is adjustable. It’s not a huge deal but now that I know it’s there I can never not look at it again lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super easy to do. Losen up hinge bolts and adjust might need to loosen stud bolts and adjust also. I had the same thing on my machine.
Thanks, grandkids showed up so I had to postpone my tinkering for now but it was bugging me to death! They go to sleep early so I’ll explore later. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4 Base
36 Posts
On my machine I’d rate the doors as the single worst quality control aspect. They don’t seem to latch when shut consistently and the gaps are not what you’d expect from an otherwise polished machine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my machine I’d rate the doors as the single worst quality control aspect. They don’t seem to latch when shut consistently and the gaps are not what you’d expect from an otherwise polished machine.
Haven’t noticed any latching issues but I agree with the rest of your post.

·
Registered
Wolverine RMAX 4 XTR 1000
234 Posts
Okay. I know my front pass needs adjustment. Just hadn’t had a chance to look into what’s going on yet, or if removing body panels is even a big deal.
You remove the front body panel and it's easy to do. Just be aware there is a small hook at the front below the running light that needs to come back to be released. I did it on my passenger side. Takes less than 20 minutes.

·
Registered
2022 rmax4 LE
21 Posts
Worked on both fronts tonight. Wasn’t bad at all. It’s amazing what a little tweak will do. The doors are super smooth now. I worked on the rears hoping to get that gaps to match but it’s not gonna happen. Not a real problem, they both function well but somehow the gaps between the door and rear quarters don’t match. Drives only me crazy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Worked on both fronts tonight. Wasn’t bad at all. It’s amazing what a little tweak will do. The doors are super smooth now. I worked on the rears hoping to get that gaps to match but it’s not gonna happen. Not a real problem, they both function well but somehow the gaps between the door and rear quarters don’t match. Drives only me crazy.
My rear doors are like yours. After adjusting they’re a lot better but the passenger side has a much bigger gap. Just the way it is I guess. Glad the fronts are operating as they should now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts