Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RMAX4 XTR, Freedom UTV Glass windshield, Trail Armor UHMW Skids and A Arm Guards
613 Posts
I have the exact same rig you have. Grandkids love it, even my city girl wife is coming around lol. With kids these are a must for holding clothes, snacks whatever else they bring along and the quiet the cab down a bit by acting as a headliner. I’ve had these a few months now and have become my most used add on by far. Mine is actually the pic with the pond in the background on the website.
Front:

Back:

And if dust is an issue I’ve been very pleased with the rear window as well.

Awesome guy to do business with. He’s a small business owner and a veteran not to mention top of the line customer service.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX4 XTR, Freedom UTV Glass windshield, Trail Armor UHMW Skids and A Arm Guards
613 Posts
So it works as storage and helps quite it down some. I’ll be ordering these today.
Made a difference as far as I could tell. That’s a subjective opinion as I have not performed any actual tests. There’s a thread about them on here somewhere.

·
Registered
613 Posts
So it works as storage and helps quite it down some. I’ll be ordering these today.
Here’s the topic.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Might consider the OEM fender extensions or the Mudbusters max fender flares. Personally I like the Mudbusters look better but at least there’s an OEM option for those that don’t. I know the Mudbusters max are perfect for stock rigs and make a tremendous difference in the amount of mud that gets inside the machine. I can’t speak for the OEM but I’m sure they work equally as well. Really a preference on cost and looks.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Love the look of the new OEM flares. We put the oversized mud busters on (one level down from the super max width) and they work perfect. Slightly wider than the stock 30” tires on the RMAX2 XT-R and very happy with the amount of trail stick/brush/rock scraping abuse they are taking. Also, Very little interference with the aftermarket 1/2” UMHW undercarriage we installed (which is also a very worth while addition). View attachment 103438
I chose the max Version on Mudbusters recommendation for stock width and I’ve been very pleased with the reduction in mud in the cab. I’m sure wider is even better. I’m curious to see how the OEM flares hold up to rubbing trees and such. I know the Mudbusters do fine and I’m sure the OEM will also.

I agree 100% about the UHMW skids. I chose to go with Trail Armor but to the same end I’d imagine. For the last 25 years I’ve had aluminum skids on everything. Steel before that. The noise reduction from metal to UHMW is amazing and the difference in how easily the UHMW slides over rocks is a game changer. Aluminum skids have a “sticky” feeling to them on rocks the UHMW just don’t have and other than some very minor scratches mine look perfect. I can speak from experience where I ride the aluminum version would be very dented and gouged already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts