Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This kit fits both the Rmax2/4 and the X2/X4 for 2021.

Step 1 Remove the (9) firewall bolts and let the firewall lean forward.
Step 2 Install the lower frame support brackets - this was the most time consuming step. As you will find out the existing threaded holes have dried paint in the outermost threads. I used a box end wrench after finger tightening the bolt to turn back and forth to "clean" the paint out.

Universal extension on a 1/4" wrench will make things easier on the (2) mounting bolts.

Step 4 The wiring harness has two plugs on one end and one on the other. The double end stays close to the firewall with one of the plugs going to a free accessory receptacle, and the other goes to the tank/pump receptacle. The single end is run behind the firewall behind the driverside rollbar (reach your hand under the fender to help here.) I used a 1/4 wrench extension to lift the body panel away far enough to push the connector up between the bar and plastic. Be careful here.
Step 6 Route the washer hose through the front of the firewall and then behind it to the passenger side roll bar:

Note: I am intentionally skipping the easy steps here.

No where does it show clearly how the washer tank sits, so this is what it looks like in place:

Step 11 Use black tape to hold the wire inside the channel on driverside pillar support. Do the same thing for the pillar support on passenger side for the washer hose.

After installing the windshield use your fingers to tuck the top seal under the roof edge, then re-tighten the (3) front roof clamps. The fit and finish of this kit is perfect.

Reactions: Hahny

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a question, the 4 metal plates with 2 holes each, do they mount from inside of cab or install them from the outside before installing windshiedld.

Thanks
kenner
The two support pillars are in place, slide the windshield in place (eight bolts go through the support pillars). Then while sitting inside, you push the metal plates bushing side first into the assembly. You might have to nudge the windshield up/down to get them to slide in place. Then spin on the (8) nuts and tighten them down evenly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I drilled a hole into the roof clamp base to run the washer tube through for a custom look. :cool:

View attachment 91362
Does the 2-seater RMAX roof not have the extra brace/channel to route the tubing through? On my 4-seater there's a second layer up there and the tubing on that side, and the wiring for the wiper on the driver side run through between the two layers so it's all hidden. I also utilized the drivers side the hide my wiring for the light bar on the roof.

·
Registered
13 Posts

View attachment 91316

View attachment 91317

View attachment 91318
Step 2 Install the lower frame support brackets - this was the most time consuming step. As you will find out the existing threaded holes have dried paint in the outermost threads. I used a box end wrench after finger tightening the bolt to turn back and forth to "clean" the paint out.
View attachment 91325
View attachment 91319

Universal extension on a 1/4" wrench will make things easier on the (2) mounting bolts.

Step 4 The wiring harness has two plugs on one end and one on the other. The double end stays close to the firewall with one of the plugs going to a free accessory receptacle, and the other goes to the tank/pump receptacle. The single end is run behind the firewall behind the driverside rollbar (reach your hand under the fender to help here.) I used a 1/4 wrench extension to lift the body panel away far enough to push the connector up between the bar and plastic. Be careful here.
Step 6 Route the washer hose through the front of the firewall and then behind it to the passenger side roll bar:
View attachment 91322

No where does it show clearly how the washer tank sits, so this is what it looks like in place:
View attachment 91323

View attachment 91324

Step 11 Use black tape to hold the wire inside the channel on driverside pillar support. Do the same thing for the pillar support on passenger side for the washer hose.

After installing the windshield use your fingers to tuck the top seal under the roof edge, then re-tighten the (3) front roof clamps. The fit and finish of this kit is perfect.

View attachment 91316

View attachment 91317

View attachment 91318
View attachment 91325
View attachment 91319

View attachment 91322

View attachment 91323

View attachment 91324

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
648 Posts

View attachment 91316

View attachment 91317

View attachment 91318
View attachment 91325
View attachment 91319

View attachment 91322

View attachment 91323

View attachment 91324

I'm thinking about buying this windshield for my Rmax 2. Is there a rocker switch that operates the wiper/juicer? Thanks

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
648 Posts
I'm also curious to know as to how long it took you guys to install this windshield? Thanks

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
648 Posts
Have one installed on my RMax2. Rocker switches on on the motor bracket at top of windshield. Wiper & washer work great. Ron
Thanks Ron NE Oregon! Glad to hear that the wiper/washer work good.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
648 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
648 Posts
View attachment 95409
The top support seals are folded over into a "u" shape but there's no clear indication or illustration of where they should be placed. "Figure 11" is horrible
Yes, I'm looking at Figure 11 now and they do not show you where they should be placed. Can someone help out here please. Thanks

Reactions: canine170

·
Registered
429 Posts
Do you guys know if this could still be installed with no roof, the website says the roof is required but wondering if it’s more just recommended but will still work fine without a roof?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
648 Posts
Do you guys know if this could still be installed with no roof, the website says the roof is required but wondering if it’s more just recommended but will still work fine without a roof?
You would need the roof so that you could support the wire harness and the washer hose.

Reactions: canine170

·
Registered
13 Posts
There shouldn’t be any problem on the RMax. I just went out and took a look… there’s a rubber seal you may need to secure from the wind/weather but other than that, I don’t see an issue

·
Registered
13 Posts
You would need the roof so that you could support the wire harness and the washer hose.
Good point but does the roof actually support them? Mine doesn’t connect to the roof in any way. I didn’t drill any holes for the wiring harness or the washer line.
On another note, it you have the LE or if you notice an antenna wire under your hood, run it up the driver’s side a-pillar while you’re running the wire harness for better radio reception. If routed nicely, the very end should protrude slightly above the pillar…

1 - 20 of 24 Posts