·
Registered
2021 Wolverine X4 SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Just purchased a new bike. Looking for a few opinions:
1. Aftermarket parts or ordering via dealership/ Yamaha
2. Roof or windshield first? Or both at once?
3. Full or folding windshield?

Thanks for your help and insight guys 😊
(Sorry if posted in wrong location!)

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
I've been reading from others the odd angles on the later models make aftermarket roofs difficult to manufacture.

So I'm betting Yamaha OEM roof will be your only choice for a roof. I prefer a roof and windshield together, I run a half windshield when its not winter. Everyone I've talked to that has a folding windshield likes it. I don't so cannot comment.

Have fun!

·
Registered
2021 X4 Xt-r, Super ATV full poly windshield
22 Posts
For me it's roof and windshield right out of the gate.. Side mirrors as well. From there it really depends on what type of riding you do.
Storage for tools, emergency items are important as well.

·
Registered
2021 X4
179 Posts
I've had mine 2 months and planned on waiting until it was paid off to get accessories, but after 2 rides I got a half windshield, then one more ride I got roof, full windshield, and side mirrors, honestly those 3 are an absolute must for not only a better quality ride experience but safety. I then got a winch for riding alone piece of mind and a bump seat for my little guy to ride up front with us.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Good point on the winch!

Old story, I didn't have a winch to start with. Didn't want to spend the money. Almost always 99% ride with someone else with a winch. Then had a close call out by myself but made it out. Ordered the $700 winch, yes I could have spent half that.

Wife saw me putting the winch on. Oh you got a winch, how much was that? Well honey if I'm out by myself and get stuck and have to walk out then go back with help to find the machine stolen, this winch saved us (machine cost) - (winch cost) so we are actually making money by putting this on.

It worked.

(28 years she loves me and wants me to be happy.)

·
Registered
2021 X4
179 Posts
Good point on the winch!

Old story, I didn't have a winch to start with. Didn't want to spend the money. Almost always 99% ride with someone else with a winch. Then had a close call out by myself but made it out. Ordered the $700 winch, yes I could have spent half that.

Wife saw me putting the winch on. Oh you got a winch, how much was that? Well honey if I'm out by myself and get stuck and have to walk out then go back with help to find the machine stolen, this winch saved us (machine cost) - (winch cost) so we are actually making money by putting this on.

It worked.
I got mine for Xmas because my dad was worried about me getting stuck in the wilderness, or having to hoist an elk up a mountain, really if you Install yourself and go with a badlands winch you can get into one for less than
175$ with the mounting plate and all, its really cheap insurance.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine X4 SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys! We’ve got the winch set up on it and ready to go! Side mirrors have been ordered and waiting to arrive. Upgrading from our outlander and have been trying to convince the hubby we need the roof and windshield ASAP 😉

·
Registered
157 Posts
YamahaMama, don't forget the back windshield or you will get a lot of dust sucked in to the cabin. let me add some safety items. a fire extinguisher and health safety kit, (band aids, etc,). If you ride alone i would recommend some type of gps\satellite communication system for emergency response. I run a Garmin Montana 750i GPS with Inreach technology for emergency communication. There are other much cheaper models and other competition with it also.

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine X4 SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont forget the back windshield or you will get a lot of dust sucked in to the cabin
Thanks for that point! We had planned to eventually add soft enclosure as we are in Canada and plan to do winter riding (for reference it is current 20°F and we have about 2’ of snow and this is a nice day!)... but will think about doing the back windshield sooner

·
Registered
2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec
14 Posts
Hi guys,
Just purchased a new bike. Looking for a few opinions:
1. Aftermarket parts or ordering via dealership/ Yamaha
2. Roof or windshield first? Or both at once?
3. Full or folding windshield?

Thanks for your help and insight guys 😊
(Sorry if posted in wrong location!)
You are sorry if you posted in the wrong location, ya you did. :) This is not Yamaha bikes, it is a Side By Side Forum.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
978 Posts
You are sorry if you posted in the wrong location, ya you did. :) This is not Yamaha bikes, it is a Side By Side Forum.
Some people call SXS's bikes, lol...They have an X4 as noted in the member name on the post.

Reactions: YamahaMama

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine X4 SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Again apologies for my terminology .. didn’t think it would be an issue (my Canadian/ maritime language coming out)🤨 and it is a SXS not a bike.. hence asking for a roof and windshield? Post was also clear on it being an X4..
Have a great day !

·
Registered
2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec
14 Posts
Again apologies for my terminology .. didn’t think it would be an issue (my Canadian/ maritime language coming out)🤨 and it is a SXS not a bike.. hence asking for a roof and windshield? Post was also clear on it being an X4..
Have a great day !
Have a great day !
Pretty much understood it was a Side By Side. I live near Canada and hear it a lot. I tease my Canadian neighbors and it was a little bit of a tease to you. Welcome to the Forum! You will get all the information you need here and I hope you share your information with all of us, you can call your ride whatever you want (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts