Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on installing the OEM front brush guard with winch mount along with a winch. Would like to make the install look as close to factory as possible. Is there a kit out there that provides all the wiring, brackets, connectors and switch to install a winch on the x2? Also is there any wiring already installed by the factory that will be utilized? In looking at pictures of the x2 XT-R it looks like the winch switch is located by the cluster. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
997 Posts
So I bought a base RMax and went thru similar... Yamaha does sell all the parts required to match what's on the XTRs. Just search their accessories.

The thing is, it's insanely expensive. So I cheaped out and bought a generic winch and wired it as per directions. Not using any factory or Yamaha supplied parts.

My winch came with the rope vs cable, 5500 vs 4500, a wired and wireless remote. And it saved my hundreds of dollars.

Planning on installing the OEM front brush guard with winch mount along with a winch. Would like to make the install look as close to factory as possible. Is there a kit out there that provides all the wiring, brackets, connectors and switch to install a winch on the x2? Also is there any wiring already installed by the factory that will be utilized? In looking at pictures of the x2 XT-R it looks like the winch switch is located by the cluster. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2021 Yam. Wolverine X4
5 Posts
So I bought a base RMax and went thru similar... Yamaha does sell all the parts required to match what's on the XTRs. Just search their accessories.

The thing is, it's insanely expensive. So I cheaped out and bought a generic winch and wired it as per directions. Not using any factory or Yamaha supplied parts.

My winch came with the rope vs cable, 5500 vs 4500, a wired and wireless remote. And it saved my hundreds of dollars.
Yep, agree with Maggot - I just bought a '21 and I really didn't need a winch but I got bored and bought one at HF (BadLand Brand?) and with the mounting plate - had it installed in 30min. super easy and looks clean and all the wiring was simple. Save the comments about what a P.O.S. HF stuff is - i kinda agree - BUT - I REALLY don't need a winch - I was bored and wanted to play around. I also got some their new lights and will play with this soon.

·
Premium Member
Awaiting on a 2021 Wolverine x2 R SPEC
25 Posts
So there is a separate mounting plate from HF for the winch? I only ordered to 5000# one assuming the plate came with it. DOH!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Where will you put the solenoid?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts